Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M frequency display freeze while tuning

Doug - W5WTX
Doug - W5WTX Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Running 6600M with SDR V2.6.1.  The frequency display freezes while tuning.  I have to stop turning the VFO knob for the display to catch up.  Same issue on any slice receiver.  If this topic has been previously discussed I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.  If not, is anyone else seeing this or know of any solutions.

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yes, I sometimes see this on my 6600 + Maestro and have discussed it in posts before.  I do not see it as often running Wifi (strangely) vs. wired ethernet to the same router, and I have no clue what causes it.  Sometimes it is snappy and tracks perfectly.  Other times there is a lag significant enough that trying to dial in a frequency is a hit/miss thing because it won't update the display until tuning is stopped.  At least, that's what I see.  Since I moved to the Wifi connection for the Maestro I don't see it nearly as often, but it is still there sometimes. (and when I'm using the rig, the router is not busy doing anything else.)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Doug, does it still have that problem when not connected to your network? Using the radio simply as stand alone?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.