Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 has lost connection to the internet

Ross Biggar
Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
My 6700 has lost connection to the internet, I have rebooted the router, tried a cold boot of the 6700 and also reset the 6700 to defaults, all with no effect.

What I see when I open SSDR is  the normal smartlink notice with three items 
Connect: SmartlinK setup: and Low BW connect. Clicking on connect brings up a warning "unable to connect to radio, please try again.

I assume the 6700 lost internet connection when I had a software problem, (not connected to SSDR)

So advice please as I would like to get the 67700 back on the air.

Thanks
Ross
ZL1wn

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If you want to get back on fast, just connect to your computer directly for now till you find the problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    I suspect there has been a change in your SmartLink setup at the radio end of the connection.  If you are using manual port forwarding and you are not using DHCP reservations to ensure the radio always gets the same IP address, a change in the radio's IP address will break your SmartLink network configuration.  Check your router's configuration against the SmartLink configuration setup.
  • Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Tim,  Nice to hear from you.
    Thanks for those comments, BUT I cannot use Smartlink, we are on a Rural broadband system,  which uses the mobile phone system and the incoming router is not letting me port forward, I have had an IT consultant try to see if we could get out through the router, but to no avail.
    Vodafone have been no help at all.
    I have tried 2 routers (the only ones available in NZ for Rural broadband) and neither work.

So knowing this would it be a change in the Smartlink set-up that caused the problem, or else what could be the problem. The problem is in the 6700, as the network is working perfectly with everything else.___-Except for Smartlink__!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
    Ross
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    If you are using a VPN for remote access and the radio shows up in the Chooser, but you cannot select it, which indicates that you are passing the discovery broadcast packets but unable to establish the TCP control channel link.  Why would that be happening?  It could be a variety of things.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.