Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question for SO2R RTTY operators

Options
K5XH
K5XH Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Contesting

Hello,

I have been using my 6600 for RTTY contesting (mainly the RTTY Roundup) for the past few years. I’ve had a reasonable amount of success. When I first received my 6600 I muddled through getting it set up for SO2R operation. I was able to get everything working (with N1MM+) to my satisfaction. I’ve not changed the configuration since then (about three years now).

My preference for SO2R RTTY operation is to have one slice set for low tones and the other set to high tones. I monitor each slice in a different ear via light weight headphones.

What I would like to know is how others have set up their stations for this type of operation. The reason is that I am not sure that I did it the best way possible. For instance, I could find no way to use the RTTY mode because I could not figure out a way to use low/high tones on the two slices. I had to use DIGL with different offsets for the two slices.

The only third-party software I use is N1MM+, MMTTY, and 2Tone. PSDR version is 2.4.9.

I would be happy to share additional details but I don't want to pass out bad information if I've been doing it wrong!

Thanks,

Mark K5XH

Answers

• Mark Aaker K6UFO
    Mark Aaker K6UFO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Mark, I also "muddled" through getting SO2R working last month. I found no way to have separate high and low tones in RTTY. Set once for the radio, not per slice. - Mark K6UFO 
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I set the audio pan on slice A to full left and the audio pan on slice B to full right.  This works great for knowing which slice is receiving a signal.  

While it doesnt show in SSDR anywhere that I can find, the API does support a pan control for the monitor audio too.  Slice Master has a feature to make the monitor pan for a slice follow the audio pan for the slice.  So, when transmitting on A, the monitor audio only comes from the left.  Sadly, this stopped working a while ago and I've yet to ask Flex about it.  Thanks for the reminder.

• W1SRD
    W1SRD Member ✭✭
    Options
    You can set the tones per pan adapter. All slices in the same pan share the same tones.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.