Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

problem Login

IK8HCG
IK8HCG Member ✭✭
I can no longer login with ssdr when i load the sw.imageimage

Comments

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Lou,

Do you think that maybe the problem is that you can't log into your SmartLink account?   Go back and reset your SmartLink status..  

Dudley
    WA5QPZ
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I never used smartlink register, just use, login below smartSDR and the access has been through my google account
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    This is a known issue.  A change was made by the software we use to do SmartLink authentication that is preventing users from creating new or logging into SmartLink account that uses the social media method (Google and Facebook).

At this time the only workaround is to create a new SmartLink account using an email password.  Once you have your account confirmed, login into the Account using SmartSDR and register your radio with the new SmartLink account.  This will automatically unregister the radio with any accounts it was previously registered with since a radio can on;y be associated with one SmartLink account at a time.
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    thank you. 
    where should I make this new registration with another email in my possession? At the moment when I upload ssdr it just tells me login and nothing else.
    tnx in advance
  • john chevalaz
    john chevalaz Member
    edited February 2020
    What a mess. So I created a new google email account and then grabbed the laptop to test remote access. I brought up sdr and was asked to log in. I did so with the new email address and pword.Then comes up something about autho.com wanting to access my google info. But the allow id somewhat grayed out and there is no way past this screen. I use Firefox.

Question  #1 Does anyone know how to get past this auth0.com issue.

#2.  Will a fix come though to restore what was a functioning system before. I do not use remote access much so I can wait to see if it will work as I had it configured before.  I'Thanks

John C kb2loz
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    As I noted above...

At this time the only workaround is to create a new SmartLink account using an email password.  Once you have your account confirmed, login into the Account using SmartSDR and register your radio with the new SmartLink account.  This will automatically unregister the radio with any accounts it was previously registered with since a radio can only be associated with one SmartLink account at a time.

Once you create an email login, you do not use the Google of Facebook options for login. just use the email entry method.

In regards to your 2nd question, this is TBD.  So I would convert to using an email login at your earliest convenience.
  • mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭

Good Morning,

If the original owner of the radio neglects to deregister their rig before shipping to the second owner, then that new owner just has to register the radio to their SmartLink account when booting up for the first time. Is that correct? Also, since the only way to have computer control not using standalone mode with a 6400M is to have it connected to my LAN, will this re-registration process complicate matters since it has never been connected to my SmartLink account before? How will I be able to connect to the radio via LAN if that is the case?

Trying to figure things out before I get the radio in front of me.

Thanks

Mark

KK2L

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.