Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter help

Jim
Jim Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Third-Party Software
Hope someone can help.   Im attempting to use a Q5 Signal 144 MHz XVTR with my Flex 6400. Ive connected thee two units together according to instructions.  Ive set up the XVTR on the Flex, and Ive configured a memory to access a nearby repeater.  So far so good.  When I key the mic, I get tones back from the repeater. I can hear QSO's on the repeater.  The XVTR bargraph shows power output. My inline Power/SWR meter shows low SWR and proper power output to the antenna.   No one can hear me!!   I have to have a setting goofed up somewhere. Any ideas for a newbie?  Im attaching a screen shot of my SDR screen.  As a side issue, if I simply substitute a different  rig in place of the flex it works fine. Any help greatly appreciated.
Jim KC3KRZ

Answers

• Todd Rodgers
    Todd Rodgers Member
    edited February 2020
    Jim

Your screen shot shows "PC" as the selected microphone source. Perhaps you're using a physical microphone, and you've just not selected it as the active audio source (BAL, or MIC)?

Todd, KC1SQ
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    In the second control panel down on the right, the mic source is set to PC and DAX is enabled. If you are using the mic plugged into the radio, the mic source should be MIC and DAX should be disabled. As it is configured, you have no connection from mic audio to the radio.
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Craig and Todd.  That did the trick!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.