Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SMARTSDR has lost connection to the radio. Please reconnect

Renner PY7RP
Renner PY7RP Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been using my Flex 6500 over smartlink smoothly and suddenly i lost my connection and got the error message "SmartSDR has lost connection to the radio. Please reconnect". The radio disapear from "Currently available radios" list on SSDR, CAT nor DAX. I remotely reboot the 6500 and again it becomes available as a currently available radio. When i try to connect via smartlink again.... that error message pop ups again "SmartSDR has lost connection to the radio. Please reconnect"... Does anyone have any idea on what is going on?!. PS: I did not make any recent update...

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Sounds like your router "burped." I would remove the power from your radio, reboot the router, repower the radio, reboot the radio  and see if it reconnects to your LAN.
  • Anatoly Aranovsky
    Anatoly Aranovsky Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I had the same problem when my Flex6400M and PC (on the same LAN) were connected to the same Ethernet switch which, in turn, was connected to the router through its own Ethernet cable. As a part of my RFI reduction effort I got rid of all Ethernet switches and (almost) all Ethernet cabling. Now my PC is connected to the router though WiFi and my Flex6400M is connected to that PC with a 12" cable. LAN connection is very solid now - always five green bars.
    BTW, I also abandoned my AC power modem based LAN. Instead I am using Google WiFI mesh. Three units are more than enough to cover 1800sq. ft house. 
    I hope that helps.

Anatoly NC6M

• Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    I gonna try to reset my remote router! TNX
  • Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    Hello Anatoly, In my case everything is connected through cables to the router.
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited April 2020
    Check several things....

1) Double check your cables, and your connection indicators on the radio and switch or router.  Do they all have the flashing light?

2) You may need to "Cold Boot" your radio in order to restore the connection between the radio and the router.  (Turn off the radio, remove ALL power from the radio for about 30 seconds, then restor power and turn on the radio.)  Your radio's ethernet port may not have gotten a DHCP address from your router when something was disconnected.  

Ken Wells - NM9P

• Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    Unfortunately reboot did not solve the problem...
  • Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    Unfortunately that did happen in my remote shack (100km from me)... Once i get there, probably in 10 days, i will try to do that. Untill there... NO RADIO for 10 days... Seems i will loose C21, T6, 6O on low bands... :(:(:(

I am really upset with my Flexradio experience. :.

Thank you!

Renner - PY7RP
  • Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    Just to make it clear:

The radio does not list as available only AFTER i try a smarlink connection to it.

Once i try to connect to it, i get the error message "SmartSDR has lost connection to the radio. Please reconnect" AND it disappears from available list.

After the error message i tried to turn the radio OFF and ON remotely THAN it happen to show in the list AGAIN BUT never stablish a smartlink connection.

• Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    At my remote radio site i configured the radio in the LAN with a static local IP and reserved the local IP with the radio´s MAC address. Sure, i forwarded the ports from external connections (i dont remember them now) to the local ip:ports.

I already reboot the remote router but it remains the same problem.

This setup has been running OK remotely since i first installed (so i do not think it is a configuration issue at the remote router).
  • Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    Actually this is the 2nd time in 2 months i get the connection unavailable... In the 1st issue (i just do not know what happened) i remade all the router configuration (with the same prior configuration) and all worked fine again... That was strange... i did not make any change on the configuration BUT just remade all that and all worked again.
  • Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    i will try to configure it in DHCP mode... i will give it a try too.
  • James Lee
    James Lee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    NM9P's suggestion number (2) above was followed when I had the same problem as described above.

Problem solved.  What bothers me is that I do not know why this anomaly happens now and then for no reason I can detect.

• James Lee
    James Lee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    My call NK7B
  • George Haslam
    George Haslam Member
    edited April 2020
    Are you using AVAST security software? If so, access the firewall settings page and check that the Private network is selected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.