Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why the Bright Orange Power button?

Andy W3LI
Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
For the last few days after a yr of operating I am getting a bright orange power button. The color code sheet says that I am transmitting on XVTR port with low power level.
I have never had a XVTR on this Flex6400M. The only way to clear  this orange button is to turn the power supply OFF. I have tried to correct this issue buy removing the power cord from the radio for a few minutes and then I reboot the radio and it returns to normal until I shut down, ORANGE BUTTON again. This has occured 3 times in the last 3 days.
I have checked the Menu items to make sure that for some reason the radio thinks it has a XVTR installed.
 Just another annoying issue for me to accept unless there is a solution.
Hope there is help out there.
Andy ... W3LI

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Andy

You should probably ask Flex Support directly about this, using a help desk ticket. They should know what's going on, and know whether it needs any hardware repairs. 

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    TNX Jay, May need to do that.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    If you haven't done this I would.  It is recommended that you make a backup of your Global, Transmit and MIC profiles before resetting the radio back to factory defaults.
    NOTE
    FLEX-6400M / FLEX-6600M Reset Procedure
    With the radio powered off, press and hold down the Power button until the Power LED blinks white, then release the Power button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally.

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Do you have the GPS option?
    If not, did you accidentally install the GPS?
    Make sure the button is uninstalled.

Tom W3FRG
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Can not get to the community, but thanks.
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Tom, Thanks , will tap that uninstall button and see what happens. TNX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.