Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Best budget microphone ever?

Pat Eastman
Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Thoughts?

Answers

• James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited December 2019
    Samson meteor mic USB. Tailoring the audio using voicemeeter banana. Have my microphone set the PC within smartsdr.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Well for under $100 the Shure SM-58 is hard to beat. A Quality mic Made In USA and will last forever. 

Just get the XLR to 1/8"TRS cable, plug in to the radio and have fun.

• KF3F
    KF3F Member
    edited January 2020
    Beringer XM8500 at $19.99
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    My principal mic is a 781, but I discovered a couple of other good values along the way.

Axis CM-3 has been available for quite a while on Ebay...pre-wired connectors are available for multiple brands of radios, about $57.  Highly responsive seller. See the reviews at Eham.

An Ebay keyword search for " BM800 " brings up multiple listings selling under $20 (can also be had on Amazon).  For an informative review see http://www.k0pir.us/icom-7300-microphone-christmas-savings-plan/
    See also the Eham reviews.
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I make my living as a sound engineer.
    A shure sm58 is a great vocal mic.... there on most every concert stage youve seen, I use one on my flex in the shack....get great reports, If you have a good radio voice a beta 57 might be better as its pretty flat.

However.....when I operate from my desk computer which is away from shack in the house I have a $2 computer desk mic I use...... I get nothing but great reports on it.

Bottom line is.... a LOT of people fall for marketing!
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'LL second the Behringer 8500.   Use it on a Samson Boom with a foam sock.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I use a BM800. Works well!
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Blue yeti USB mike  ,whit flex no reason to use "analog" mike 

i have it on a desk boom 

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Silver/dp/B002VA464S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1520...
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree, I keep it digital from MIC to RF then analog.
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    That is a really good answer as I just ordered one given the specifications and the reviews. Thanks.
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Heil to the microphone!!
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Great! Makes me feel better about my pending order.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Shure PG48-LC Vocal Dynamic Microphone, Cardioid
    https://www.amazon.com/Shure-PG48-XLR-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B0023E8UAS?th=1

Has been used with my 6500 and now 6600 with great reports. 
    What ever Microphone you get you should view Ken Wells NM9P you tube on how to adjust the Equalization of your TX audio. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LytzQGpE5ZM 

Regards,
  • Paul 2e0ymt
    Paul 2e0ymt Member
    edited September 2019
    Hi James. I wouldn't mind picking your brains on this scenario if I may please....I tried and failed on this method. Not sure how to mssg you so perhaps you mightly kindly email me off qrz. 73 Paul 2e0ymt
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Just got a Logitec wireless headset H800. Chip enough considering the set up. Works great with Voicemeter Potato and a 6400 remote.
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I operate most of the time from my laptop or iPad using the built-in microphone and aways get good audio reports. I've also tried dollar store cheapy mics with good results.

In the ham shack I use a Blue Yeti USB desk microphone connected to the computer which also gets great reports.

I have never used my Flex 6500 or 6400 with a mic connected directly to the radio.

73.. Ken - VE5KC
  • Mary Pearl
    Mary Pearl Member
    edited January 2020
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Shure SV-100, bought dirt cheap at a local electronic dealer. 55USD incl. a desk boom (not super Q, but ok) and cable with XLR connector. Needed a bit of tweaking with Flex Eq. Has after been used with my 6700 with great reports. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.