Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 ATU-Flex SWR meter disagrees with external SWR meter

Rick N0VT
Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
I use resonant antennas, but during yesterdays rain/snow/ice storms the SWR went up on my 80M dipole.  I engaged the ATU in the Flex 6600 and according to the Flex SWR meter the SWR came down significantly, but my external SWR meter showed little change.  Is this behavior correct?

Rick WR0H

Best Answer

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Absolutely. The external meter is AFTER the tuner in the radio, hence the SWR shown will not change. The internal meter is before the ATU so that you can see that you have a good match.

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It all depends. What is the external meter? and how do you have things connected?
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    DUH!  Thanks!  I'm used to working with an external tuner.
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited January 2020
    Be sure not to use BOTH tuners at the same time.  That can mes things up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.