Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Option to Automate the AGC-T setting

2»

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Loganville GAMember ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi Howard,
    Agree, I was also disappointed it was not listed on the survey since it was ( and still is) the idea here on the community with the highest number of votes ( 92 currently) and at #1 position on the idea list.  

It doesn't appear that the idea list and user votes are considered a priority any more (if they ever were).    Like a lot of ideas it has been on the list for years.  At least if it was on the survey, the newer members could consider it in their survey response. 

But maybe we'll be surprised and see it one day.....

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.9

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Al,
    I am not disputing that my idea is better or not, i just like it :)

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/agc-t-proposal-to-flex

See the image on my post.
    It would be nice if AGC-T can perform quick auto adjustment any time you switch the bands. The visual representation of such adjustment would be great.

At this point I would call AGC-T as a Manual Gain Control.
    As I stated before, in some cases you assume you are in the range or forget to adjust it. I found many times during CW contest that loud station would jump to my frequency and would "****" my ears.

Will this Auto AGC-T ever happen? Who knows...

Sergey, KN7K
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

My guess is now that the USA is unfortunately about to start World War 3 with Iran and Flexradio now works for Raytheon I doubt we will be seeing anything happening with Flex amateur radio for a while.

Just try to like the radio as it is today and hope we live long enough to enjoy it!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Loganville GAMember ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi Sergey,
    Yes, there are options to consider and I also voted for your display option / idea.  I think the automation would be something many users could benefit from.  From the new users to those that like to switch bands and modes frequently to the DXers that are interested in weak signals. 

I'm still on V2.4.9 but if they fixed the profile autosave (make it an option) and added auto AGC-T that would be more than enough for me to upgrade.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.9

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Al,
    I do not think Profile Autosave is a big deal - I use Stack3 and recall any mode/band/settings with 1 button. So, it is not bother me at all.

But the huge benefit (for me) in ver3 is a SmartControl Mode. It is not perfect, but it works on my Maestro and 6600. It is like traditional radio with knobs and also mouse over your monitor screen.

I guess we cannot get everything we want, hopefully Flex will rethink their priorities. May be they will make a justification for AGC-T to upgrade to ver4 :)  ?

Sergey, KN7K
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    John, Flex does not work for Raytheon, they are partners in this project. Both are experts in different things.
    Paste your comment somewhere and keep it safe about seeing nothing from Flex for a while what ever a while means. See if your right.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Bill, you are welcome to swap the words "For" to "With" Raytheon.
    The up and coming war will keep all military contractors very busy.

I'll paste mine if you paste yours;).
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Since I work for the Army, I'm very familiar with the bureaucracy. Months pass between any real world event and any effect on development, and years pass before that development is employed in the field.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.