Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mobil with a Maestro

Options
Rick- K2RB
Rick- K2RB Member ✭✭
I have successfully started using my Maestro in my car and it brings home station performance to the road.  With improvements in coverage from hot spots I have found that reliability has improved to the point of acceptability.  I recently changed carriers and it was suggested I might like a hot spot.  The bells started ringing and sure enough I have found a new use for my Flex Radio Station.  Plugging the Maestro into the 12 volts of the car allows me to preserve battery life and the hot spot gives me good wifi.  Nothing like running 800 or 900 watts from the car and pointing a three element in the direction of the station working.  Of course paying attention to the road is the most important thing you can do, but this expansion has just made my enjoyment of my Flex that much more rewarding.

Comments

• K7QDX
    K7QDX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    just founding what carrier... I was thinking of using my cellphone as a hot spot and doing this. I believe my friend tried this also but it didnt work work to well. But using an ipad worked better. But this goes back to the carrier and coverage.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Love it!! Thanks for the post Rick.
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've considered trying this, while my pickup doesn't have built in wifi, I do have a phone on Verizon's system. My husband's chevy spark, normally used as his work commuter car, has Onstar and ATT I believe with the built in hotspot. Sparkle usually is selected for road warrior duty when taking trips. Being able to plug in the Maestro to a powerpoint and the built in hot spot would be pretty neat. any special configuration to allow it to work... Anybody try it with an ipad or Iphone... I'm all android, but could buy a pad etc Erika DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.