Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slicemaster error messages with Win10Laptop, Flex 6600 trying to activate CW Skimmer

KC5LL
KC5LL Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
New guy here- just got a Flex 6600.  
Win10 Laptop running SDR 3.1.8
Installed SDR 3.1.8, N1MM, HRD, and Slicemaster prior to 10M ARRL event.
Everything worked perfectly the whole weekend. Turned everything off (Flex and Computer)
Next day the Slicemaster would not activate CW Skimmer like it had for 3 full days perfectly.
I do not know if my Dell Precision M 4700 had a Windows update occur after the contest.
Now when I power up the shack here is my sequence:
 1.) Flex computer is turned on and left alone a few minutes while it powers up.
 2.) Laptop is started.  Upon successful power up I activate in this order-
    a.) Slicemaster (and it appears to start successfully when I observe messages at bottom)
    b.) SDR 3.1.8 is started
    c.) most times I start up HRD as well.
Note: on another desktop computer i have in the shack this sequence gets everything working properly.
 3.) New Flex guy so I am only using one slice, set to Channel 1 on DAX
 4.)When I go to the CW mode nothing happens.  SDR continues to operate and the following error messages appear at the lower left hand corner of Slicemaster underneath the normal startup sequence.  Here is picture-  ERROR messages started at 19:40:47 in this photo

Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It looks like your CW Skimmer config file for slice A has been corrupted.  Your guess as to how this happened would probably be better than mine.  

The easiest fix would be to simply delete it and let Slice Master make a new one for you the next time you launch CW Skimmer.  In your case, the offending file is located at
         C:UsersDellAppDataLocalK1DBOslice-masterSlice-A
    If, after you remove the file, you still have the same problem it would imply that your default config file for CW Skimmer is also corrupted.  (Slice Master copies that and modifies it when it launches CW Skimmer).

--Don

• KC5LL
    KC5LL Member
    edited December 2019
    I'll try that now.  Thanks Don!

BOOM!!!!  Works perfectly sir.  I really appreciate the help Don.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.