Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

scanning doesn't pause on SQL break

Options
Lou KI5FTY
Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
in PowerSDR with a 5000a scanning doesn't pause on SQL break.  Any ideas? PowerSDR 2.8.0.140

Comments

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I found the Low-Hi scanner wasn't pausing on a squelch break, it was just stopping (as if the pause length was set to 0). I think I messed something up when I added the LOOP feature to the scanner.

You dont need to activate the Squelch, just move the squelch slider so a "Signal" will show a small amount of Red just below the squelch slider.

I fixed the Pause, so it will properly pause when you see red under the squelch slider for all 3 scanner modes (Memory Scan, SWL scan, and Low-Hi freq scan)

Go and download .142 and install.

Darrin ke9ns.com

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong...  I installed 2.8.0.142 and It still will not pause on squelch break.  Here is a screenshot of the dialog.  I have tried with the pause and loop check boxes and checked and unchecked

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I see the issue. Its that FM is different from all the other modes when it comes to Squelch.
    I will look into it.

Darrin ke9ns.com
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I believe I have the FM pause on squelch break fixed.
    Download and install incremental .143

Also if you want the scanner to stop (as apposed to pause) on the first squelch break, set the pause length to 0 sec

Darrin ke9ns.com
  • Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    thanks
  • Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thank you - I have installed it and it works kinda like you detailed, except 0 does not stop on the freq.  it just pauses about 1/2 a second but then continues.  setting it to a pause of > 0 works.  Since I have your ear - it would also be nice to have the option to have it pause until squelch is no longer broken then add the pause time to that.  So you can listen to a conversation if you want.  Just my 2cents.  Thanks and I just dropped a donation.  Thanks for the great work!

Lou KI5FTY

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    OK. I fixed the  0 issue. And added a "Wait on Squelch break" (acts like a traditional scanner and waits for the channel to clear, with one last pause to check for a clear channel), and  "Pause on Squelch break" (so it continues after the pause even if the channel is still active). It should work for the Memory, SWL, BandStack, and Low-Hi Freq scanners. Download incremental .144

Thank you for the Donation!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Darrin ke9ns.com
  • Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    works as described and as a scanner should! Only tested on FM mode memory scan. Thanks again for the early Christmas present.  Merry Christmas and a Happy new year 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.