Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what version software do I need

I bought a  Flex 6400    2 years ago but due to my business I'm just getting on the air with it. ( retired again)  I'm running smartSDR V2.1.33 .. I would like a surjection as to what software I should be running .. Thanks... 

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You can go up to the latest version of V2 for free If you want to upgrade to the Latest version and features then it will probably cost you $200. 00 for Version 3. 
    Go here for the new features https://www.flexradio.com/ssdr-for-windows/

Bret

• Ryan - K4BFH
    Ryan - K4BFH Member
    edited December 2019
    2.6.1 is the newest of the 2.x which would be free for you. To upgrade to 3.x is 200.00 USD.
    https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/ click  Smart SDR for windows 2.x to download the newest version.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I admire your patience. I would not be able to wait that long to use a new radio.

I suggest upgrading to either 2.5 or 2.6 ( the no additional charge versions) until getting familiar with the radio as you use it at your station. After gaining some experience, it will be easier to determine if the V3 changes are useful. Many on the list here have decided to stay with 2.? because some of the changes to the software are detrimental to their particular operating style.

The radio can be returned to a previous version at any time if 2.6 doesn't perform as you need.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.