Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Astron Power Supplies with PowerPole Connectors

Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
I see Astron is now offering power supplies, including the popular RS-20 and RS-35 supplies, with PowerPole connectors built in.  This would allow for Flex power cables with PowerPole connectors at both ends. 
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2019
    Just to make sure everyone understands, the RS-20 is not recommend to be used with any Flex 6000 series radio as it does not provide enough current at full power.

The minimum recommended power supply is a 25A supply.  We recommend the 30A Powerwerx with Power poles.  

https://shop.flexradio.com/powerwerx-30-amp-desktop-dc-power-supply-with-powerpole-connectors/

Mike

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I personally would not like powerpoles on the power supply itself. My shack has everything powerpole with three rig runners but would want a more beefy connection at the supply. As much as I like this type of connection they are not as good as a lug connector.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    In the same way all high end hifi components use five way binding post, not push in speaker connections. My Jetstream power supply has both the Powerpoles and lug connectors. I use the lug connection for the Flex and use the Powerpole connectors for accessories.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I wonder if they use the same powerpoles on the space station?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.