Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M For Sale

William Osborne
William Osborne Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in The Flea Market
November 1, 2018, so about year of warranty left. Comes with original boxes and all original accessories including the hand mike. Has latest V3 SW. ll also include a custom made interface cable for SPE amps. Price is $4,000
plus shipping from 42025. I will also be happy to drive and meet the I am placing my like new Flex6600M up for sale. Unit was delivered buyer within 200 miles or so of 42025. My reason for selling is I am going back to knobs and buttons radio. The software in the Flex is too much for an old guy. So, if someone has a like new FTdx101, I would be happy to talk about a trade for the Yaesu plus cash. My email is wosborne44@gmail.com if you are interested. 
Thanks for reading and best 73--Bill__K5ZQ      

Answers

• W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited December 2019
    I totally understand.  I've ordered a K4.  Hopefully it will work better over the internet. But your correct about the complexity of the Flex and lack of correction updates/improvements. I have a 6600M, PGXL, and Antenna Genius. They all integrate well and do work on SO2R (although I've not completed a contest yet. But only if sitting in front of the rig.  My K3S is so much more ergonomically useful, IMHO.  Good luck
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    He didn't say anything about a lack of corrective updates/ improvements. He said the software is to much for him.
    Good thing for him, his radio will sell really fast as there are lots of people looking for them.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Some USED Yaesu FTdx101 are now showing up ion the used marketplace and on eBay, so everyone has their fetish when it come to radios and lots of Knobs.. Even with my Flex 6600M, I still have other radios in the shack like so many of us have... I have my good old reliable Yaesu FT-1000 MP Mark V, that puts out 200 watts and has a Class "A" 85 watt output.. That drives my Linear and creates a very clean and pure 1500 watts signal.. I can switch in the Flex to drive the linear, but choose not to.. We each have our unique operating styles for sure...

At age 72,, I still have a sharp mind, and utilizing all these digital devices and software devices, definitely is good for the MIND!!! But for those who might side on what many call Appliance Operators ( That is OK ) , I can definitely see how some radios are complex to operate.. The FTdx-101 is not a simple radio to operate or set up,, it also has many Sub Menus as does the Icom IC-7610,Kenwood etc. etc.

I recently got a new Icom IC-9700 Tri Band radio mostly for Satellite Operation,,, but you also get Dstar, and Terminal Mode and Satellite operation... Driving the radio with HRD software,, now talk about setting things up!! :-),,,

Even getting something simple like SPOTS to show up on the 6600M screen requires a bit of research and time..

I had to decide, Flex 6600M or Icom IC-7610, and after a lot of research landed up with Flex, for 4 main reasons,, 6600M had a high resolution LARGE color display,, HDMI output for 1080P driving a large 50" 4K tv set, Remote Software Operation, and 4th New Software Revisions with new features so the radio just keeps on improving over time!!

And, when the EMP goes off, we still can fall back on the good old standby Collins tube radios,, :-)

• William Osborne
    William Osborne Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Bill you are right I did not say anything negative about Flex. It is just not for me.
    I am lowering the price to $3,800 if anyone is interested.
    73--Bill--K5ZQ
  • N1DZ
    N1DZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Totally agree.
    I have Flex 6600 and many other radios and amps with knobs.
    Its a hobby. Have fun.
    Maarten
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

@William Osborne did you sell your radio -- or is it still available?

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

Rig sold per Bill

This discussion has been closed.