Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink login fails on Windows 10 pcs

K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have two different pcs running the latest Win 10 with November 19 updates. Both fail to work using Smartlnk.  When you click the login icon, the popup window just sits there and hangs. 

I have disabled firewall protection as a test, but still no luck.   My Win 7 pcs are working fine. The same Win 10 pcs work fine when used with SSDR locally to the 6xxx radios.

Any suggestions?

Eric
K2CB

Comments

• Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Eric, I had the same issue and opened a ticket about it. After trying many things and waiting for Dan at FRS to get back to me i had a gentleman from HP Smartfriend Services look at my computer. Mostly he did a cleanup however he identified and removed iO_bit uninstaller as a bad program. He said they had many issues with it. After removing the program and finishing the reboot everthing worked again Bye the way before the Fix i could use a different laptop with a fresh install of the FRS and get thru the login.. This fixed my issue for.my HP computer. Good Luck. Ray
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited December 2019
    Tried everything I can think of at the moment. Still no go.  Here is a screenshot of where it hangs up.

• Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    That is where mine hung as well. There must be a program interfering. The gentlemans name was Anand Singh at HP smartfriend services. He cleaned my computer, removed that program i said easier and we installed McAfee livesafe. Did a cleanup and scan then rebooted. It resolved my issue. Nice guy as well. Good luck.
  • Nick RN3KK
    Nick RN3KK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    This issue with Internet Explorer. Need install old updates and all ok. I have this White whindow on many Pc with win7,win10
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    No problem with Chrome.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited December 2019
    I tried setting my default browser to Chrome, Firefox, etc.....   still no luck. 

When I am at home and on my internal WiFi network, SSDR starts right up and the login never comes into play, but when on an external connection, it hangs up as per the photo above.  

Is the Smartlink login window an actual browser pop up, or part of the SSDR code?

Eric
    K2CB

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited December 2019
    Got it working. Reset the IE11 advanced settings to default, and all is good now.

Thank you, Tim, for your assistance!

Eric
    K2CB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.