Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone able to run CWSkimmer while connected via SmartLink?

Lawrence Libsch
Lawrence Libsch Member ✭✭
I've been able to run CWSkimmer using SDR Bridge or Slicemaster when operating locally. I am unable to run CWSkimmer when working remote via SmartLink. Has anyone been successful running CWSkimmer when operating remote via SmartLink? If so, please advise.
Larry, K4KGG

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Did you set up DAX to get the Audio and CAT into your remote PC . Does the DAX channel stream ?

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    DAX IQ is not available via SmartLink.  It consumes a lot of bandwidth.  DAX IQ may be available using another type of remote connectivity but will need excellent speed and latency.
  • Lawrence Libsch
    Lawrence Libsch Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for your replies.
    The DAX IQ channel does stream using SmartLink (screen capture below.) Current version Slicemaster does not support SmartLink and SDR Bridge does not either.
    Would a RPi VPN, ie connecting without SmartLink work? Is anyone with a VPN connection using CWSkimmer successfully?

Larry, K4KGG
  • W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    My error, sorry.  I missed the highlight in the changelog and had not bothered to try it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.