Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6700 With Ameritron Automatic Antenna Switch RCS-12

Richard
Richard Member ✭✭
Has anyone had success incorporating the Ameritron RCS-12 with the Flex 6K Line?  Seen some posts that basically say "Should" but none that have answers "Yes".  Anyone have comments.  6700, USB Adatper Null or Std Cable, Enabled... No Joy.

Answers

• N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I hope someone has an answer.  I am looking at the RCS-8L for my 6700.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes I have tested it and it works with the USB cables to BCD version of cables and configuration. No problem. Gl.
  • Cosmos (Alan KB5CUS)
    Cosmos (Alan KB5CUS) Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I use the Ameritron RCS-10, same 8 outputs. And with Tx Delay for relay amp keying in the Flex, it's quite cheaper that the RCS-12. As an interface I bought the Dankovi USB 8 relay pcb...  Inexpensive route... Works great ...  Had it on my 6500 & is now on my 6600.
    Link to Dankovi USB pcb in Bulgaria...  Cost $ 26.50 + shipping...
    http://denkovi.com/usb-eight-channel-relay-board-for-automation

• N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I like the pictures, thank you.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Kari,  Can you supply a vendor and P/N's for those items.   I purchased a USB to DB9 Converter and I have used both a DB9 Std Cable and also tried a DB9 Null Modem Cable.   The Set Up using the Null Cable seems to at least communicate to the RCS-12 but still when I walk through the Programming of the RCS-12  and go back and run through the bands the Switch does not follow the bands that I programmed the switch to.  You obviously are using something different in your interconnecting set up.

Richard Griest - N4RWG
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Kari,  Can you supply a vendor and p?n's for those items.   I purchased a USB to DB9 Converter and I have used both a DB9 Std Cable and also tried a DB9 Null Modem Cable.   The Set Up using the Null Cable seems to at least communicate to the RCS-12 but still when I walk through the Programming of the RCS-12  and go back and run through the bands the Switch does not follow the bands that I programmed the switch to.  You obviously are using something different in your interconnecting set up.

Richard Griest - N4RWG
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If more Flexers do as you did, and post photos with their mod's!
    This forum would be better than what we have now.
    Thanks
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited March 2018
    Hi, I would be delighted. Use these cables Mouser: https://www.mouser.se/ProductDetail/895-C232HM-EDHSL-0 and the Flexmanual: 
     http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/. From the Flex you get the band data out on the USB to BCD pins of the USB interface cable and connect them to the RCS-12 with a db9 break out box like the below. I know Mouser has them.  This worked right from the beginning.  GL! 
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thank you and I have ordered the cable.  It has a "April" Delivery but that is not a problem and will use the RCS-12 in the Manual Mode until then.  The DB9 Cable from the Breakout Box to the RCS-12.  Just to verify.  Is it a normal DB( to DB9 or a Null Modem DB9 to DB9?   TNX es 73's
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2018
    April delivery for a cable????   Go Figure
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited March 2018
    Hi, I just connected the pin connectors from the USB to BCD cable direcly to the break out box. BCD 1 TO BCD 1 etc. You may try the UK manufakturer who makes the cable FTDC something. I bought 1 set there. I can check tomorrow. Need to jump to bed it is close to midnight here. 73s.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited March 2018
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Kari... TNX.. I can live with the April Delivery.  They have Confirmed the date and I will contact you if there are questions.... Thanks again for the help and directions.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    love the pics! 
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    well, heres my project using the Denkovi board, i mounted in the Ameritron box just to make it more compact, i can use it with flex and auto switch by band and/or freq or flip switch and use it manual.
    middle pic is before i started. works slick as a button. especially if remote

• Nick Manzo
    Nick Manzo Member
    edited November 2019
    Quick  question , the blue common wear does this land on the cricuit? 
    My RCS-4 has 24 volt AC  and maybe 12 v dc , The circuit diagram on the RCS-4 not helpful. 

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    the blue is 12v from supply. i can send more pics if interested. just send me your email
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    please send me pictures, nickw7nik@gmail.com :) 
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The RCS-4 does  not have the terminal block, it uses coax,  not sure how to interface this.

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.