Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Compact 1500 Watt Custom Built for my Flex 6400M

KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
As promised here is start of my Amplifier built by Jim @ Dx World Jim_811@yahoo.gr This newest one with SWR Metering and Power Meter. The two board front left of picture are twin 1500 Watt transistors Custom Black Box is being built now Amp will be complete in 14 days .Ill post more pictures of built/ Joe KL4 QG image

Comments

• Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Man, you've got some fun lying ahead of you!

Two places that might be helpful:

SSPA Facebook Site - all sorts of doods building these amps

N4GA Website - more of a general EDU site

Enjoy! 

Rob

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Rob I’m not good with my hands Jim at Dx World the professional amplifier builder ,I have his first model 1500 watt , I use it at water plant when working overtime.It sounds better than my Ten Tec Titan 425 that uses two 800 Tubes , Dx World tops the Titan for wattage output too. He builds amazing amps HF,UHF and VHF Thank You Rob for kind words !!
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The finished 1500 watt amp will look like
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Pricing ?  Do you have to supply your own power supply ?
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Jim can supply the 48 volt power supply or you can Buy PS it’s best email Jim email address my first post ! I don’t want Q price for Jim newest model amps with SWR and Power Meters as parts prices might changed ... Jim will give you spec on power supply’s ,the PS are all over EBay or supply houses most under $100 My first 1500 watt amp with power Supply was $1900 but remember that was a custom build for me - All my friends on AK SSB nets are giving me my best signal and audio reports they produce very clean signals on receiving Stations Scopes .
  • kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Can you supply a url to his site, please?
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    http://www.dxworlde.wixsite.com/dxwor...

Tell Jim ,Joe from Alaska sent you he nice family guy he answers emails fast
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Joe, does your amp change bands automatically ?
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    No I don’t like auto band switching I don’t trust !!!
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The metal cabin just received image
  • Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have the same amplifier. What are those 2 other metal boxes for?
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It’s surprise your see soon.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Following closely. 
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ok I’ll let the Cat out of box the two other black boxes are qrm eliminator to build
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    it works with any transceiver. this connect between transceiver and amplifier.
    is good if you have qrm noise from local area . It is used to reduce or eliminate qrm from receiver like noise that produce some locals tvs or power lines etc. see this video: https://youtu.be/mtoO_UJBW0c
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    today have test the two modules separately and lpf working excellent !

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hello Joe today have make a stress test to modules.i have put 2 temp protection that if temp goes to 60*c on top case of ldmos or if temp goes 45*c on heatsink will bypass amplifier until it cool down to safe temp. i have also the swr protection and current protection board ready.will set swr to stop linear when is 2:1 or moreimage
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    More progress imageimageimage
  • Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    coming together man!

Like the air cores

Keep us posted

www.N4GA.com

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    project so far...now the final is the back cover and will start all adjustments and tests. 73simage
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hello Joe
    the amplifier is ready.
    working very well.
    have test everything to load and antenna.
    modulation very clean.

i have set the swr protection to about 1.8-2:1 and test it also with no antenna like if antenna broke!protection work excellent!
    also have overload protection that if power output goes more about 1700w to stop it.
    and also temperature protection that if goes very hot it bypass amplifier until cool down.

input 0-100w max
    output 1-1700w max 160-10m and 1450w 6m. I also have put RCA jack on the back of amplifier for PTT start to connect with transceiver because the auto start cannot work with the protections. will send you photos of back to see it later.and nice videos Happy Holidays
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I’m very excited In mean time I’m using my late father Ten Tec Titan 425 amp great old boy very powerful ,going loan 425 to high school ham club when new amp gets here -

Happy Holidays All
    Joeimage
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    imageimageimageimage
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I’m looking trying his QRM Master too Joe ,tomorrow will have ready the qrm eliminator also
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Joe here is the video: https://youtu.be/2ccLNkzxQOg
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.