Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to work CW thru PC and SSDR

Options
Hello, I'm running a 6400, SSDR, W10. I want to know how hookup an Iambic Key or a Keyer to the PC?
Thanks.
Aloha,
Pat - KH6KL

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If you're in the shack with the radio, connect to the radio.  Otherwise, I think you have to use CWX.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yeah there’s a key jack in the back of the Flex 6400 (page 21 of the Hardware Reference Manual).  The radio also has an internal keyer.

Brian KB1VBF
  • BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options

I also wish to remote operate my Flex6400 with physical morse key, not CWX.

AFAIK, this is not supported yet.    
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The problem is that while remote you need local sidetone.  You can hook up a paddle remotely and get local sidetone several ways - buy a Maestro, buy a pair of RemoteRig boxes, buy a pair of Winkeyers
  • Russ McIntyre K8AH
    Russ McIntyre K8AH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    “CW sidetone” Thread has some more info. I use just one Winker at remote site as detailed later on down in the thread. Works FB.
  • Mark Davis
    Mark Davis Member ✭✭
    Options

Take a look at the "Remote Keyer Interface" solution for -free- remote CW operation, with a keyer (or straight key) interfaced to the PC through a very simple interface to a Serial Port.... https://groups.io/g/RemoteKeyerInterface.

Side-Tone at your remote operating site can come from your PC or from the keyer. No Maestro required.

Mark - AD7EF

• BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mark.

Just downloaded, soldered an USB-CWkey adapter using an abandon firmware download cable.

I don't have Winkeyer yet. It works well with straight key connected to the RS232 CTS pin, without WinKeyer.

( At first glance, I spend some time to figure out why the download link doesn't work - must join the group first to download ;)

Rocky BL7iB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.