Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

maestro band switch problem

Beric Dunn
Beric Dunn Member
edited January 2020 in Maestro
Flex 6400 software 3.1.8
Maestro
Clicking on band select switch always lands me around 9.4 MHz, not in the 40m band.
Other bands seem to work fine, but 40m consistently lands me out of the band.

Comments

• J. Michael Dunlap
    J. Michael Dunlap Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Mr. Dunn:

I am a newbe.  So I may be "out to lunch."

I think the radio stores the current state of each band, including the speed at which the waterfall flows.  So if you go to 40m and reset the receiver to a frequency in the bounds of 40m, it should remember this setting.

Good Luck.

If this works be sure to post it.  If it does not work, then you have another piece of data for your analysis.

Mike, K7MYU

• Beric Dunn
    Beric Dunn Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

I had tried this, as I'd seen behavior on other radios is the past.
    Other bands do seem to work like you describe, but 40m always defaults back to 9.4 MHz, even if I have either typed in and new frequency or spin the knob, returning to 40m always forgets what I have done before.
    That and the volume, which is band specific (odd if you ask me) sometimes jumps back up to a higher volume when I go back to 40m.
    I'd try factory resetting this unit, but it appears there is no functionality for that in the Maestro.

-Beric

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.