Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of control panels on right of Slice Receiver while running Smart SDR on 6400M

How do I restore control panels on right side of slice receiver? Lost while trying to install HRD when step (Make sure the DAX button is clicked int the P/CW tab on right) There was no DAX button on that screen.

Comments

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Look down to the left corner of the screen and see a symbol that looks like a radio signal, next to the TNF,
    CLK on it, see what happens, works for me.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    P/CW tab refers to the Windows SSDR screen.  On the 6600M or Maestro you will find the equivalent TX DAX button by pressing the mic/pwr button. 
    AL, K0VM
  • Roger Langieri
    edited October 2019
    Thank You Andy! Now why could I not find this in the manual? I have had this 6400M for a year now and used it as a stand alone rig. Had no pblms except no software for logging! Just got it running on SmartSdr on my local network. Now trying to learn to use with mouse. Been a ham for 60 years now and maybe I'm a bit too old for this stuff hi hi. Thanks again and its nice to have someone to help with my questions.
    73 Roger K4WIP
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    OK Roger, I'm 76 and have had my 6400m for 9mo. Great recv, lousey manuals.
    I have also been licenced for 60 yrs. Still using v2.4.9 with SSDR on board. 
    Glad to help.
    Andy... W3LI
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    BTW, look into Log4OM for a great logging program. I used it for 10 yrs on my TenTec Orion 2 until lighting took it out. Had no problems using it on the flex and it is free. 
    Great help on line and many videos by G4POP, Terry Genes.
  • Roger Langieri
    edited October 2019
    Thanks again Andy, I will check out Log40M before installing HRD. I do have HRD running on another system FT-2000D and Navigator interface.It has worked well with logging and FT8. Have to C what I can do with CAT and DAX now!
    73 Roger K4WIP
  • Roger Langieri
    edited October 2019
    OK AL thanks for the help. Just trying to get use to SSDR and the many options I have not had experience with. Been using the 6400M for a year without SSDR. Its a bit different now!
    Thanks Roger K4WIP
  • Ian Snow
    Ian Snow Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thank-you Andy!!!  Spent the last two weeks trying to restore my 6600.  The FLEX manual(s) are worse than useless.  Software engineers writing for other software developers.  They all skip the critical  "Chapter 2 - Theory of Operation" that was the core of any tube generation operating manual.  Like you and Roiger, in my 70's but still learning.

Now, on to the logging issues ;-)

Ian VA3QT
  • Roger Langieri
    edited October 2019
    So true Ian! I guess there are a bunch of us Seniors who have migrated to the new technology! As you can see from my QRZ photo I'm still in love with the tube gear from the 60s!
    73 Roger K4WIP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.