Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD keep displaying "Error opening DAX Audio RX 1 (FlexRadio System)" after I start DM780

Options
Carl Walthall
Carl Walthall Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm running V3 3.1.8 and the latest version of HRD. I'm getting the messages "Error opening DAX Audio RX 1 (FlexRadio System)  Soundcard I/O: Failed at 48kHz and 8kHz, giving up" 

13:12:58 Soundcard I/O: Opening DAX Audio RX 1 (FlexRadio Syste (device ID 11)
13:12:58 Soundcard I/O: Sample rate ...: 48kHz
13:12:58 Soundcard I/O: Buffer size ...: 24576
13:12:58 Soundcard I/O: Oversampling ..: On
13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Error opening DAX Audio RX 1 (FlexRadio Syste ID 11 at 48kHz -
13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Error code 1 - Incorrect function.

13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Failed at 48kHz, retrying at 8kHz
13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Sample rate ...: 8kHz
13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Buffer size ...: 4096
13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Oversampling ..: Off
13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Error opening DAX Audio RX 1 (FlexRadio Syste ID 11 at 8kHz -
13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Error code 1 - Incorrect function.

13:12:59 Soundcard I/O: Failed at 8kHz, giving up

I also tried WSJT-X and get the message "Error in Sound Input, An error opening the audio input device has occurred". I have SDR Slice-A set to DAX channel 1 an digital mode selected. The DAX control panel shows "RX Streams, Slice A is Streaming". 

I'm running WIN 10 64Bits OS, I was able to run both programs before up grading to V3 3.1.8. I read the community postings and made sure I have output device connected to my computer. 

I sure I must be over looking something?

73's Carl N8CDW      

Comments

• Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi, for HRD try to configure your computer's audio system. Forget DAX ... no longer needed. Same thing with WSJT-X.
    Good luck and let them know

73 Mauro

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.