Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

External ATU control signal

BL7IB
BL7IB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
External ATU triggering

I wish to use an external ATU.   There is a wire to kick start the ATU to tune.     Is it possible to signal this wire from Flex 6400?

I notice that there are 3 PTT output at the back of FlexRadio.    If they are controlled by different GPIO lines, I hope newer version firmware would convert one of these PTT output for external ATU triggering.

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    For someone to help you it would be good to know what kind of Tuner your using. 

MOST ALL external Auto tuners in full Auto mode will Auto start tuning when they sense RF and NO wire is required other then the COAX cable to auto start the tuner.

The 3 PTT outputs are mainly there for Amplifier PTT, Transverter PTT and maybe switch external Preamps in and out and stayed keyed as long as the radio is in transmit mode.  

Bret

• BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Alinco EDX1, weather proof long wire tuner.    Short one of the control wires to DC-ground briefing will start the tuning process.

Resolved:  thanks to WX7Y advice in another thread, PTT TX1 TX2 TX3 can be controllled seperately to trigger anything, using TX profile

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/6000-series-control-for-ldg-external-autotuner

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.