Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will SmartSDR iOS be upgraded to work with iPAD iOS and iOS13 on the release dates?

John - K3MA
John - K3MA Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
With release of iPAD iOS and iOS 13 will the SmartSDR iOS be updated for use on the release date?

Answers

• Paul Leach
    Paul Leach Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hope so
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Yes. BUT it will depend on the Apple store approval as to release date
  • DL8MRE
    DL8MRE Member
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the correct comment Howard. But my App is already compatible to iOS 13 and the new iPhones. 

It works pretty well, especially the possibility to use a Mouse with your iPad under iOS 13 and my App is an amazing new feature.You can now move the slice very easy. Maybe I will add the possibility to use the Mouse scroll wheel to tune the Frequency.

By the way, even with iOS 13.1 but especially with iOS 13 there are many many bugs which are sometimes quite annoying. Some of them are fixed in 13.1 but some still exist. There are a few screen glitches when rotating the device which has nothing to do with the App itself.

But beside this, it's nice to use iOS 13.1 along with my App.

Unfortunately somebody posted a bad review for my App because he thought the iOS 13 issues are bugs of by App. If he would have contacted me I would have been able to help. Very strange but that's how live goes.

Marcus, DL8MRE

P.S. there will be an update soon which contains some new nice features.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Just upgraded my iPad 2018 to 13.1. working fine with the IOS SSDR app.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    love the app! great work!
    Thanks
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just started using the FT8/FT4 tool.  Is there any way to set up split operation within the tool, as I can do in wsjt-x right now.  Also will you provide a decoded view spectrum as provided in wsjt-x.  The decoded view provides better view of station spacing for finding unused frequency space.  
  • Ryan - NC4RA
    Ryan - NC4RA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Now that Catalina is out. Will you be able to port it to macOS ? Thank you
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    And the “iOS’ification” of MacOS continues :-(
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yup two min after posting, I found the solution.  Ah well........
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Actually, I think the merging is a result of Cloudification of iOS and Mac OS.  It is pushing all the the associated applications to operate in the same way.   The merging is inevitable.  
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    was scroll wheel tuning added yet or is it not possible?
  • DL8MRE
    DL8MRE Member
    edited January 2020
    No!

Apples "Catalyst" feature that claims to allow developers to turn iPad Apps into Mac Apps by just by hitting a button is just Marketing buzz. It is not even working as advertised. Even if it would work as advertised, there is much work to do to make such an App really usable on a Mac.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.