Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit Profiles!!

Dwayne_AB6A
Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a new 1K Linear Amp which I am very proud of but concerned I don't do anything bad to damage it. Transmit profiles are awesome and the ability to switch between an AMP profile that enables the RCA TX1 Port and dials down tune and rf power and a NO AMP profile that disables the RCA TX1 port and dials up the default power. Thank you!

Comments

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I definitely agree that having separate "Transmit Profiles" is very important in protecting the newer LDMOS amps. 
    I typically run my RF 2K+ Amp with 5W input through a 13dB pad for full legal output.
    With the recent FRS upgrade to V3, I see that the "Select Transmit Profile" that appears when using SSDR is now limited to a maximum of 13 profiles.

I have also noticed that the "Transmit Band Settings" doesn't always come up as originally saved.
    Sometimes, just changing to a different band will restore it to the originally saved settings; But not always, sometimes a new band change is required.

Just my observations.

Tom W3FRG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.