Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

It falls by 500 Hz

Options
Mauro HB9FBG
Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello to all.
Today I did the .8 update but I don't know if it centers ...
I was in 10 MHz in FT8 for the first time trying to work Liberia. I noticed that in transmission my 6400 drops 500 Hz.
Does it also happen to others? Am I wrong? I do not think so!
No split or other active ... USB and 4k filter
Thanks for every suggestion

A good day
73s
Mauro HB9FBG

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Mauro

I have been running FT8 with 3.1.8 for 2 days now on all bands with WSJTx without issue.  

Can you send some screen shots of your WSJT when this happens?  Do you have any other programs that might change you frequency for you?  

Did you have Fake It or Fox and Hound turned on?  I doubt it was the radio that shifted but something told it to shift.  

You can always go back to 3.1.7 and test as well.

Mike

• John, G3WKL
    John, G3WKL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Mauro, Sounds like you have "Fake it" set in the FT8 application settings. That shifts the TX freq to ensure its more into the TX filter passband upon transmit. If so it's quite normal John
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    a function of your used FT8 software - not a bug of Flex

Chris
  • Walt Kenyon
    Walt Kenyon Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This happens to me as well while using phone. At first I blamed myself for scrolling with the mouse, but then I actually saw it happen while not touching the computer or Maestro. Glad I’m not going crazy!
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Its working perfectly others nailed the explanation... Fake it is great!

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Walt check your TX RIT and see if the thing is offset....  Shouldn't be doing that not on Phone.
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Scrivi 350/5000
    Thanks John, I confirm.
    I don't know how but it was inserted, IT'S NOT A FLEX PROBLEM!
    However, the problem remains that nobody now hears me ... and this after the update. I don't know which port uses the WSJT-X microphone, I tried them all but I became dumb.
    I'll try again.
    Thanks John, you have been very helpful to me like this community. Thank you all
  • ON7NQ - Danny
    ON7NQ - Danny Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My 6600 is in DIGU for FT8 , not USB...
    In WSJT-X or JTDX set mode to none and split operation to none for standard operation or fake it for Hound mode.
    Works like a charm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.