Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panadaptter gain on 20M different from other bands

W9ILY
W9ILY Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My SmartSDR panadapter on for my 6500 on 20M recently changed after the RTTY contest this past weekend so now the increments are 0, -20, -40, -60, -80, -100 and -120 and the noise floor is no longer visible. The other bands are 0, -40, -80 and -120 and the noise floor is visible. The scale up/scale down arrows do not correct this problem but they do effect the visible gain of the signal as expected; however, the noise floor is never visible. The RF gain is at 0. Changing modes has no effect. A while ago I had this same issue on 15M and a reboot of the PC and radio restored the correct settings. Unfortunately it doesn't work this time. Ideas???
Thanks.
John W9ILY

Answers

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You can adjust that by sliding over the numbers up or down I believe.

Gary
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, but I have tried that. Yes, the numbers change but are never the same as on the other bands and the noise floor is never visible.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    John just to be sure you understood Gary. Have you left clicked and HOLD on the scale which at that point you can move it up and down.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Wow! For the longest time I could not see the noise floor on 160m. Using the arrows didn't solve it. I just tried the suggestion of left mouse button and dragging and it worked!

Thanks for that suggestion! Problem solved here...
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    John AI4FR - THANKS!! I was not aware that you could do that. Perfect now. Thanks, again.
    John W9ILY
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, Gary. You were exactly right!
    John W9ILY
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Y'all are very welcome. I'm glad it worked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.