Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M shut down on its own, Flashing Red Light 6 times, buzzzing noise, Stuck on Please Wait.

Julie KC0TMD
Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
This afternoon on 9/24/2019, I had the Radio on 20 Meters, and with out warning the radio went in to shut down with flashing red light and buzzing noise.

I powered down the switching power support, power backed up and and attempted to reboot the Radio. The Radio did a few strange things during the attempted boot up.

1. Flashing Red Light and no boot up screen with buzzing Noise.
2. Factory Reset with flashing white light, buzzing Noise and Please Wait Screen.
3. Sometimes with no flashing lights, buzzing noise and Please Wait Screen.
4. Disconnected Network Symbol.
5. The flashing red light keeps flashing 6 times.
6. Six red flashes: Input power under voltage

On the Wait Screen with the flashing white light and flashing red with with the buzzing noise, I can access the Version >, and get the option of v3.0.27 and v3.0.19. I can select the software. I will attempted to load it as it show the bar, and after that it just sits and goes back to Please wait none stop.

I looked this red light flashing 6 times, and it means: The in put power under voltage. I try a another power supply I have in the house. This is a 28 Amp Switching Power Supply, and it did the same thing as first power supply I was using. It seems to me that it not loading up the operating system at Please wait screen. could this mean a corrupted files or operating system on the SD Card? I even put this under a Help Desk Ticket around 4:30 PM Cent Time today.

Any advise and help would be appreciated .

Thank You,

Julie H B KC0TMD

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    I have created a support case for you.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    With the buzzing sound, and knowing  there are capacitor across the input power to the radio, good chance they are about to go pop...

i was wondering how old is your 6600m?  i also have 6600m  but have not experienced this issue but have seen it a few times here on the community...

Definitely need to file help desk ticket....

Paul K3SF
  • Julie KC0TMD
    Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I got Pre Certified Flex 6600M December 2018. As it is, this radio as been in the shop for 2 other repairs since then.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.