Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Mic

W7NIK
W7NIK Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a Heil Pro Set head set with the AD1-i   and  ICM  Icom Microphone,  for Icom radios .

The Flex mic is Yaesu pin out .
Could I wire the 8 pin plugs to match the Flex pin out ? 
Will the ICM mic sound ok for a flex radio ? 

Answers

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes and yes. I have used a Heil mike on my Flex 6500 since day one.  Play around with the tx equalisation to get the sound that you like best out of your Heil mike, then set that as one of your transmit profiles so each time you use it, you don't have to reinvent the wheel, just engage that profile.
  • VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I bought the MFJ-1263 Mic/ radio switch and toggle between my Heil  Pro 7 and my Inrad mic. No need to rewire your mics as all done with jumper internally.
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I thought the ICM heil desk top mic requires voltage to work ? So if I wire it for Yaesu will the 6300 provide voltage to the ICM mic? The heil pro set headset I ordered the AD-y for the maestro . Thank you for the help .
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It will work fine, I have used the ICM on my Flex with no problems once your rewire the mic plug.
    In the main settings menu, radio menu, Phone/CW, turn off +20DB and enable BIAS.
    Use the mike equalization for best sound.   
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It will work FB for the Maestro.

What I did for mine was avoid the adapters altogether, and put the Maestro  stereo plugs on the Heil Headset. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.