Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL June 2019 Updates

2»

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My PG-XL showed up today and thankfully UPS was very kind, as there wasn't even a ding or dent in the box.  Thank you UPS!  I did have a minor issue getting the Amp working but all it turned out to be was I had to replace the last memorized transceiver serial number with my 6700's serial number (in the PG XL Config window), and the Amp was up and running.  So far I've only tested into a dummy load but it's working beautifully.  Much praise to 403A and Flex!  Well worth the wait.

• Keith Regli (K7KAR)
    Keith Regli (K7KAR) Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Mine arrived yesterday as well.  I was surprised to see the "other" serial number in the config utility as well, but guessed it was left over from the final QC.  Everything worked fine in my initial tests - thank you Flex.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Good guess!  My first thought was the "other" serial number was the serial number of the Amplifier and this number self populated that particular box during start-up, but no.  It would have been nice if there were a couple of words about this in the Quick Start Guide, (and the Install Power Genius Software from CD was removed), but thankfully this just caused minor delays, no biggie.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Looking at these delivery times...I guess I´ll wait for a second hand if it happens. 

Santiago, HI8SMX
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    4o3A and Flex are working hard to fill the PG-XL backlog.  I suspect delivery delays will be getting shorter.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    The serial number that the Amp shows up with is probably the radio used in testing, burn in and quality control before flex ships the amps
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Quite a few of us ran into this.   It’s a minor issue in the scheme of things but if it wasn’t for this little irritant my setup would have been super-fast and flawless.  Yes, it would be nice if Flex could delete the QA serial # before shipping the amp or add a few words in the documentation.   

Howard

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.