Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

eq rx or tx but not both?

dave
dave Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I don't recall earlier versions doing this,  I have latest 3.17 now.

I can select RX eq OR TX eq but not both.

What am I missing?

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    EQ has two parts. There are no changes at EQ here with 3.16. You can switch between RX and TX and it shows you what is the status and what value are valid if you have switch  ON the visible EQ

Chris
  • dave
    dave Member
    edited September 2019
    yes but I think with earlier version you could have TX and RX both on

now in 3.17  its RX  OR TX

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I'm still at 2.4.9 and I can select either tx or rx to look at and adjust but my understanding had been the ON button toggles both either on or off.  I have wondered if it was possible to run either separately.  I am capable of being entirely wrong though..   happens a lot  :-)   Mike
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited September 2019
    2.4.9 is toast though as soon as I have some time!
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    You are not the first person to be confused by the equalizer interface. RX and TX are independent. When the RX button is blue, the ON/OFF button controls whether the RX equalizer is on or off and the gain sliders adjust RX eq.
    However, when the TX button is blue, the ON/OFF button and the sliders control the TX eq, completely independently from RX eq.
    Try setting up both with clearly different settings and toggle back and forth between RX and TX and the light will come on!

• dave
    dave Member
    edited September 2019
    I fully understand each can be controlled, just want some indication they both can be used automatically.

Maybe they can be used both but display is misleading to me.

Seems to me like if while your transmitting and you have tx eq on it should maybe turn green to indicate its active and show the settings.

Ok heres what I get, again running 3.17

In the eq I can slect rx and on, then tx and on, each time I select tx or rx the other goes off.

they have very different settings, when I key up the eq window shows zero change.

I select rx and its on, I select tx and its on.....
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited September 2019
    I just did the deed and went on to 3.1.7.  Same treatment on the EQ.  I am assuming the indicator button tx and rx only light up to show the one you are adjusting and the off/on turns on the eq for both, at least thats the way it appears to me.  Been running two PC sessions on the 6500 and that seems to be working fine.  In the morning I will fire up the Maestro and try the "Control" mode and see how that goes.  Mike

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Correct
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    They both can be used separately and saved in your Profiles.   

Dudley
    WA5QPZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.