Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Split operation low audio slice B after update v 2.6

peter vandenhoeke
peter vandenhoeke Member
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Since last V2.6 update i found the audio output on slice B while working split to be very low and nearly not existant untill i move the audi cursor to 100 %.
 I am not sure if it's due to software or set up?
Perhaps there is a simple solution but not solved yet?

Help is welcome.

Peter

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Same settings on your receive equalization?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It all works fine here!
    Peter did you do a factory reset? after the new install?
    Make sure the Slice B is on the correct antenna
  • peter vandenhoeke
    peter vandenhoeke Member
    edited September 2019

Yes , the settings are identical but no factory reset, how is it done?
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    if you are starting a new slice check the AGC level on it.  I noticed mine was way down on one of mine after upgrading.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    What model radio do you have, a reset is needed after any new install.
    there are not that many things that wil effect the audio your talking about, so after checking all the things mentioned here, a reset will likely bring everything back to normal. Make sure you save profiles first and export them.
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    "a reset is needed after any new install."

I keep seeing people post this. No where in the release notes do I find that instruction, and I've never done a "factory reset after install" in the 2 years I've had my 6500.

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-v2-6-0-release-notes/

"Power cycle the Flex-6000 radios before installing a new version SmartSDR for windows"

"Cold boot" your Flex-6000 after upgrading the radio firmware"

The only reference to a "hard reset" is if the update doesn't finish after 5 minutes AND a single press on the power button doesn't shut down the radio.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    In most cases when people open a help desk for help the customer support will ask for a reset of the radio if the radio is having very strange problems. Many times here on the forum Tim suggested a factory reset many times.
    There are very good reasons for a Factory reset. It reset all the many processors in the radio, reseting their important timings.

It is amazing you have never reset your radio after an upgrade and everything always works fine. 
    Reseting fixes many strange problems people have and is highly recomended incase of problems.
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Nothing amazing about it. I turn off/close everything that has anything to do with SSDR/DAX/CAT, including the power supply. And follow the instructions in the release notes. I'm no expert about anything, but I can follow directions. :-)

Other than the 1 reference in the release notes, mentioned above, for a specific issue, there is nothing mentioned in the release notes about needing a "factory reset" after an upgrade. So I don't do it.

Doing a reset in case of strange problems, or problems in general, is quite a bit different than suggesting a reset after every update.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    This is a best practice..  and its more a computing best practice than anything else..  If you dont cut power, the computer that runs the transceivers server is still running.  giving it a clean power off and on after a major upgrade has been a best practice to solve some issues.  if you search this community you will see this as a common support point from the flex support team.  So its not required..  but it is a best practice and occasionally solves some issues when they pop up.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Yes and as an example from the release notes:
    If you revert from SmartSDR v2.6.0 to SmartSDR v2.4.9 and below, you must
    perform a factory reset of your radio. The database used with SmartSDR v2.6.0 is
    not compatible with SmartSDR v2.4.9 and below. If a factory reset is not
    performed after downgrading, anomalous behavior will be experienced. After
    performing a factory reset, it is permissible to import profiles that were created
    using SmartSDR v2.4.9 and below.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    But note that a Factory Reset is not the same as a Cold Boot.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    correct.   in order to do a cold boot, you have to remove power from the transceiver.  a combo of a factory reset, then a cold boot is about the closest to factory goodness that you can get.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.