Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

preserving values using FlexLib doesn't seem to work as previously

Options
Jim Shaffer
Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in Third-Party Software

I've noticed that, using my third party app, some values don't seem to be preserved, where they were before.  The values are the AGC and AGC Value, and perhaps others.  They are only preserved for the current band.  I have noticed this most recently using FlexLib V2.5.1.

For example, if I set the AGC to Fast on 40 meters, and then go to 30 meters and set it to fast again, when I again connect to the radio, the AGC is still Fast on 30 meters, but Medium on 40.  Is there perhaps something I'm not doing as regards the global profile, or something to that effect?

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Jim,

Is it possible that you updated to v2.5+ and then downgraded?  This can cause a problem with the database in the radio that can lead to the kind of issues you are describing.  The solution is to do a factory reset if you ever downgrade to a version prior to v2.5 (after downgrading).  Give that a try and let us know if you continue to have trouble.
  • Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options

I have upgraded to 3.0, and then downgraded to 2.5.1, but have done a few resets since.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Going between v2.5.1+ and later versions should be a problem.  It is only downgrading to a version prior to v2.5 that would cause what I was concerned about.
  • Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options

I have always wondered if I really understood persistence and profiles.

Here's how my app currently behaves.
    - Connect to the radio.
    - Wait for the Status to be In_Use.
    - If my profile, JJRadioDefault, is in ProfileGlobalList and ProfileTXList,
      Set both ProfileGlobalSelection and ProfileTXSelection to JJRadioDefault.
      Wait a while until all panadapters are created, and the pan and slice counts are equal and an even number.
    If this all works, success. 

Note I don't currently support multiple users.  IsGUI is always true. 

Then upon program exit I use SaveGlobalProfile("JJRadioDefault").

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.