Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New DAX 3.1.7 freezes

Scott Oakland
Scott Oakland Member
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just installed 3.1.7 into the Flex 6400M and that went fine. But when I downloaded SmartSDR for Windows v3.1.7, and when I went to run the new DAX 3.1.7 it hung up and then the TX and RX streams went red and it says not connected. What am I doing wrong? It was working fine before the upgrade. IDeas?

Answers

• Ron / K4XRF
    Ron / K4XRF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    SmartSDR 3.1.7 was losing connection to my radio as soon as it started up; causing the Flex 6400 to flash the power button red, twice.  I opened a help desk ticket and Tim suggested the following, which worked perfectly for me:

Perform a cold boot and Factory Reset of your radio
    • Power off the radio.  Allow it to completely power down before continuing.
    • Remove the power cable from the radio for 10-15 seconds and then reconnect it.
    • Press and hold the Power button for approximately 5 seconds until the power button or power LED turns white. Release the power button and allow the radio to continue booting normally.
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member
    edited September 2019
    I got it going just a few minutes before you commented, but thanks. I do have another question. I read the update documentation but I am not sure of one thing: can we run the radio and SmartSDR for Windows so that they both reflect the other? In other words, turn the FlexRadio knobs and it reflects on the SmartSDR package also? Or was that only available on v2.x? It said something about being able to do that with Maestro.
  • Ron / K4XRF
    Ron / K4XRF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Sorry I don't have the Maestro version, just the plain 6400.  Maybe someone else will jump in here.

• Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member
    edited September 2019
    I have the Flex 6400M, I don't have a separate Maestro unit so maybe I am off base here

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Juast for latter readers YOU MUST reboot ..after update , then update your RadioServer .. Then oit works fine here..

• Treg
    Treg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Reboot  - and reboot again.  Mine took 3 reboots before the digital would work again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.