Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Antenna Switch

2»

Answers

• Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Rob, I actually like the relay clatter, it gives some feedback that something is actually happening...SmartSDR gives no clue whatsoever of either an antenna change, or which antenna is currently selected.

• Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Roberto,

Set pin 1 as frequency based from 14.000 to 29.999 (antenna A)

Set pin 2 as frequency based from 1.800 to 7.300 (antenna B)

Both active high
  • IZ2ODM
    IZ2ODM Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello Steve and thanks for your help.
    Sorry but it seems does not work anyway. In order to be more precise about my setting :

Pin 1--> Enabled , active high , Tx slice freq.range low 1800000000 , hi 7200000000
    Pin 2 --> enable active high tx slice freq range low 14000000000 , hi 29900000000.

The only doubt is that active , would be stay on LOW as in this way I can hear and work with my antennas,.... but this is not THE problem . The problem is that remote switch does not change relay at band (freq..range) changing.

Please note that frequencies sintax has ben taken in "automatic" as I wrote 1.800 , 7.20 etc. 
    also please note that in case I set "BAND" instead of freq.range it work without problem (but as said I have not output enought to caver all of my band/antenna)

It could be a problem of revision ? Currently I'm under  1.10.16.174.

Thanks for your help and patience and 
    73 de IZ2ODM Roby

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hello Bob!
    i know your post was a long while back. but can you give me a little more on what relay board you used and how to wire to do what you described!, Im a show me guy, so if you had a pic that would be nice. thanks in advance for your time!
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi, I bought that board some 15-years ago. I've been looking for the past day or so but either I can't remember the name or it's no longer being sold. Just about any board with SPDT relay contacts will do. Couple it with an antenna switch that's got a wired remote switch with a common and one activation wire per relay. Wire it up like I described & it should work fine.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Bob I ordered both, the Denkovi's and the sainsmart, both on slow boats from China! Looking forward to see what I can destroy! Not fooled with many relays, I would assume the 12 volt go to common and use NO side for each relay
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    OK, got sainsmart board in, hooked up to flex. Recognized right off, have relay working, the way I see it is if I use a tri band beam I would have to use 3 relays, one for each band, be nice if you could have more than 1 selection on each relay in software. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Sorrry, I don't operate that way so my input won't be of any value. I switch mine by hand from a remote app on my phone or PC, not by output from the radio. Hopefully others with experience having the radio switch antennas will be of help to you.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    That's OK, that's not a biggie, particularly interested in the suggestion you made about wiring and still have knob control if needed. Any pics? Thanks for your time in replying, not done a whole lot with relays in the past
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
  • nz2z
    nz2z Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I have a MFJ-4726. I am thinking of using Ham Radio Deluxe to change the frequency, change the antenna and rotate it with my Flex 6500. The MFJ-4726 has RJ45 connectors and the Flex can send a signal to it via a parallel connection from the PC to the MFJ-4726. What need is the pinout for the MFJ-4726 or a schematic. Can't find one on the MFJ site of searching on the internet. Can I just assume it is Pin1-to-pin 1 all down the line?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.