Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Stream Deck as a Voice Keyer

N5NHJ
N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I'm sure everyone who is using Stream Deck knows it already but maybe someone is missing it.

The Stream Deck can be easily configured as a Voice Keyer.

The Sound Deck plugin (already available with the basic installation) allows to play (and stop) any audio file on a custom audio device.

Very powerful!

Comments

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Looks like that costs $150. There's other voice keyers that work with Flex radios that don't cost anything. K9DUR comes to mind
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Pat, do you know about the integration of the Stream Deck and FRStack?

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    No. I don't use either. I have used the K9DUR voice keyer and it works very well with my Flex 6700.

I did check the Stream Deck info and it seems to have a lot of various functions.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Watching Stream Deck in action with a Flex does seem interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnUO1F_AGE

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Through FRStack, the Stream Deck can control SmartSDR 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/frstack-version-3-1-3-7-released-steam-deck-support

My post is about an extra useful Stream Deck function that makes the tool, along with many other features, a powerful voice keyer, function that someone could have missed.

I'm not saying to buy one, nor I'm even comparing it with other products.

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It does look interesting. Maybe I'll get one. Thanks for the info
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Max thank you for this. I picked up a Stream Deck last weekend but haven't "updated" my radio computer to Win 10 just yet. (I'm posturing not procrastinating) This idea is genius! Best of both worlds like a cross between an MFJ voice keyer and K9DUR or N1MM+ voice keyer. Touchie feelie buttons are nice. CQ Contest!
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    M, nice setup. I have the 15 key model. Nice addition to SSDR.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Max,

I've decided to get one. Thanks for the info. I've heard of the Stream Deck before but didn't really look into it until your informative post.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I'm sure you'll like it. Go for the XL, you will not regret it.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    That's the one I'm going to get.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.