Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't Remove CAT Ports

Options
Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
I'm running SSDR,and SmartCAT v2.5.1 on a Windows 10 Pro (1903) computer with a Flex6700.

When I first open SmartCAT, it shows two ports, a COM port and a TCP port.  If I delete either of the ports (leaving 1), shutdown SmartCAT and restart, all is well, but if I delete both, when I shutdown and restart SmartCAT both ports come back.

I don't know if this is related, but somehow, I have ended up with a COM4 / COM104 pair listed as FlexRadio Virtual Serial Ports that shows up in my device manager, but it doesn't show up in SmartCAT.

My computer has two users (Mark and Admin). Both users are administrators. I get the same behavior with either user, but the COM port numbers that show up are different. For Mark, it's COM 6 / 106, for Admin, it's COM7 / 107.  Is it possible that COM4 / 104 is assigned to phantom user? 

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Is that you flex knob
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    No, that shows up as a different port.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Lasse,

Thanks, but that didn't help. The extra ports are not ghosted or hidden. They show up in Device Manager as regular.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    The problem persists. I uninstalled SSDR, SmartCAT (and SmartDAX). I also used the FlexVSPInstaller_64 installer in FlexRadio Systems under Program Files. I was able to get rid of all FlexVSP ports and and unknown FabulaTech devices. I looked for hidden devices and ghosted devices - there were none.

I then went into AppDataRoamingFkexRadio Systems and removed the CAT.settings, DAX.settings and SSDR.settings for all users on my computer.

I re-installed SSDR v2.5.1. This time SmartCAT shows COM4 as a port. But now Device Manager shows COM4/104 and COM6/106 as pairs. Just to check, I went into the other user (Admin) and ran SSDR and SmartCAT. It created a COM7/107 pair.

So now, instead of an unreachable COM4/104 pair, I have a COM6/106 pair.  Other than that SmartCAT seems to work. I can add and delete ports.

If I go into Device Manager and try and delete the unused ports and delete the driver, I get two Unknown devices from FabulaTech when I scan for changes. Interestingly, while they are a pair it's usual FabulaTech like 03/103 (even though I deleted COM6/106). If I don't delete the drivers, the ports I deleted come right back when I scan for hardware changes. They're not hidden or ghosted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.