Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Model A Maestro

2»

Answers

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

I agree $150 is very reasonable for a replacement tablet from Flex.

When flex runs out of tablets and parts we will have to become “Ham Radio Operators” again and come up with some kind of mod or retrofit on our own to keep our trusty Maestros going. :)
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The "burn spots" are not from a bad display.  They occur because a swollen battery internal to the tablet pushes the LCD display out of shape in those spots where the swelling is concentrated.

I sent one of my Maestros that was having this problem and Flex fixed it.  The other Maestro with the "burn spots" problem of mine I fixed myself by purchasing a new tablet battery and installing it myself.

Search:  3.7V 18WH Genuine Original 74XCR Battery Dell Venue 8 Pro (5830) Tablet 074XCR

https://youtu.be/N6AMRy4di0s

Works great and both "burn spots" Maestros returned to good as new.
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Just replaced tablet battery in about an hour. Burn spots are typically battery swelling as others have posted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.