Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JTAlert/WSJT-X Transmit Flag

Dan KG0AQ
Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
When using multiple instances of WSJT-X and JTAlert my transmit flag is not passing back and forth as it once did.  Something has changed and I can't find the problem child. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!  73

Dan KG0AQ

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    If you are referring to the flag in ssdr it sounds like you have a CAT issue. If not, shut down wsjt and restart.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    No joy on restarting either. Attached are screenshots of pertinent windows. The UDP ports of each are different also. Transmit will not follow click.  73

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    That looks pretty good unless I am missing something. I assume you are in DIGU mode in SSDR. Does the radio go into transmit when you test it via wsjt-x? File, settings, radio, test cat in wsjt-x.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, everything works fine in single band mode.  When going into 2 band mode I have to manually click on the transmit flag for the appropriate band I just clicked on to receive on.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Ok, so you can not even receive unless you physically click on the flag/band in SSDR? Hmm, double check that dax is enabled for each of the slices and the appropriate dax channel is assigned to each instance of wsjt.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    No, i can receive just fine with both windows open. The transmit will not switch to the band when I click on the window/band to work the station. Dax is setup on receive channel 1 for slice 1 and channel 2 for slice 2. TX is the same for both windows as I have a 6400.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Oh ok. So receive works fine as seen in your pics. When you attempt to click on a call or even the tune button in wsjt only one instance of wsjt works unless you physically click on the other flag in ssdr then the other instance will work but the first instance will not work anymore until you click on its flag.

Now that is odd and makes me think that there is another piece of software that is open that is causing the issue. Such as you are using another piece of software to start both instances, ddutil, fldigi, etc.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    This is acting like the "Auto Switch TX" is turned off in CAT. But you picture above states otherwise. I assume you shut down CAT, checked task manager to be sure it was closed down, then restarted it.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I typically have FRStack running but have shut it off until I resolve this issue. FRStack has recently had multiple upgrades. Could it be that I need a third party program for the transmit to move with the click??  There are lots of options in FRStack that have to do with slices and transmit flags working hand in hand. The question would be can SmartSDR, SmartCAT, JTAlert and WSJT-X ALONE allow for the transmit to move on spot click?
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I have restarted and rebooted SmartCAT many times. But I am going to change all the settings under 4990 and 4992 and then put them back to make sure they are set good.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Sounds like you have a handle on it Dan. I know your not a stranger to digital as I have you in the log back in 2010 for a RTTY qso so I knew this was going to be an odd issue.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Would someone clarify this question relating to my issue. If you have the "Call 1st" box unchecked in JTAlert and you double click on a call does your transmit flag move to the correct band with multiple instances of WSJT-X open?  I thought this was my previous behavior but I could be wrong? If I click on the Enable TX button in JTAlert the transmit flag does move to the correct band.  But the obvious problem with this is timing for antenna switching. On 20-6 meters this is not a problem because of my hexbeam. It is an issue on 30-160 though. Please advise. 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.