Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Time Scheduled Tuning

Joe N3HEE
Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in New Ideas
In playing around with Touch Portal, FRStack and PowerShell scripts I came up with an idea and a way to tune my radio to certain frequencies at certain times of day.  I use Windows Task Scheduler to run simple powershell scripts at certain times of day which in turn tell FRStack to tune my radio to a certain frequency. 

I like to listen to the Treasure Coasters Net at 7AM when I'm at home.  Now when I walk into the shack the radio will be sitting on 7.153 Mhz and I can listen to the net without touching the radio.  This will also work with SSDR and SSDR for iOS as long as those clients are opened before the scheduled time occurs.  Now that's Smart !!  

Now to figure out a way not to change the frequency if the transmitter is on (:

Steps to create Scheduled Tuning

1.  Save a frequency to Memory in FRStack.

2. Create a Powershell script to recall the memory you just saved in FRStack.  A PowerShell script is nothing more than a text file with .ps1 extension.  Cut and paste the following text into Notepad and save with .ps1  extension. Make sure to change the param= to the name of your memory.

Invoke-WebRequest http://localhost:13522/api/activeslice/memory?param=7153

3. Using Windows Task Scheduler create a new task to run the PowerShell script you just created.  Open Task Scheduler by typing Task Scheduler in the search field on the Windows Taskbar.  On right side of Task Scheduler click create basic task.  This is a wizard that will walk you through creating a new scheduled task.  Set your Trigger preferences for times and days of week that you want.  Set Actions to start a program and execute your PowerShell script.  See picture below.  You can probably take the default settings on the other tabs. When done click OK and you are all set.

Enjoy !

Joe
N3HEE

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I like it. Thanks for sharing. I also have a lot of automation here but do some things a touch differently. For example when I turn on the PC, I have several programs set up to run to include, firefox(3 windows to different sites), HF-Auto program(for tuner) and so forth all done via windows start menu. When I start SSDR it automatically selects the radio and logs into it. Next, clicking on JTAlert starts a few instances of WSJT-X and more JtAlert instances, DDUTIL, and so forth.

To get even lazier, I have an app on my android phone that starts the PC, tuner, amp and Flex radio while I am getting dressed in the morning. I even have some macros set up to run a search thru the logbook to check the current QTH of a call sign worked.

I do keep forgetting about local nets that take place once a week. I think I can use your Task Scheduler idea to remind me of them and others. I'll have to look into that so thanks again!
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Good deal John.  I am working on a script to tune radio to certain frequencies at certain times and then make a recording and post it to Dropbox. 
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    My radio will now automatically tune to 7153 Khz at 8AM local time and record for one hour and save the audio file on my hard drive.  I can play the file back by pressing one button on Touch Portal.  I can also turn the automatic scheduled tuning (SkedTune) on and off via buttons on Touch Portal.  

I use FRStack to change frequencies via saved memories.  I use FMEDIA for command line audio recording.  I use Windows task scheduler to kick it off and various PowerShell scripts to interact with FRStack, FMEDIA and Touch Portal.  

Someone needs to build this functionality into Flex radio !
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Very nice Joe!! This has the "cool factor" written all over it. Congrats for getting it figured out and working.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.