Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I have 6600M display and SSDR imaging each other?

Holger Hannemann
Holger Hannemann Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi Mentors, I'm still learning how to use my new 6600M. One thing I came a cross is that when using the 6600M through the inbuild panel it doesn't link to SSDR when started. I understand that is a feature of two different control locations for the radio.  

But can I also have the 6600M display linked to SSDR session running on the PC or vice versa? So whatever I do on the display shall be seen on the PC screen and when using the mouse within the SSDR program the inbuilt display shall mirror the screen.

In other words can I link the display to the SSDR running on pc and make it behave like two controls of the same session?

Another question I have is: Can I program the F keys of the display to record/send voice text for contesting (something like voice keyer) . I did not find any hint how to contest with the 6600M without a pc connection.

thanks in advance
Holger, ZL3IO / ZM4T

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited August 2019
    Currently SSDR does not mirror the front panel display of the M model or Maestro displays. In other words, you cannot use the front panel controls to control SSDR.
    James
    WD5GWY
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    SSDR and the 6600M display are significantly different in what they display and how they are controlled.  The 6600M's HDMI out connector is, I believe, the only way to mirror the radio.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Correct. The HDMI output mirrors the built in display on M model radios. However no mouse or keyboard control available. That would be nice to have .
  • Holger Hannemann
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the replies. I found a workaround by using N1MM with the its spectrum display on the computer but operate the radio via the built in display (not via SSDR software).

What about the voice keyer functionality?
    73 Holger
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Holger and others,

I am also using the N1MM+ Spectrum window more now with my 6600M, even in SO2R mode (2 windows). It works pretty well running on 1 Slice and jumping to signals on the 2nd slice. If you find any issues or have suggestions how N1MM+ functionality can be improved, let me know. 

Andy
    KU7T

• Holger Hannemann
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the offer, Andy. Ultimate target is to get going in SO2R. Once I'm used to basic functionality this will be the challenge. Since you're doing it already is there an update needed to the existing SO2R with FLEX-6600M & N1MM+ document needed or is the one from Craig/K9CT still state of the art?
    73 Holger
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Here are my SO2R for N1MM+ and Flex 6600M settings: https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/43923

Andy
    KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.