Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1 of 4 PC's in shack cannot contect to SmartLink

Mike NN9DD
Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have 4 Pcs in the shack that I use for remote contesting. The first three are all working but the new one I added (high end HP desktop ) is not able to login to Smartlink to get to the remote radios.  The other three are ok so it is not likely network related.

On the new PC I have disabled the firewall and still no joy. 

Any Thoughts

Mike NN9DD

Comments

• Joe Sartori
    Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    A few questions.  Are the IP addresses for the system in question all on same subnet?  IE: 192.168.0.x  Any HP security software or antivirus installed on that PC?  Thatsal I can think right now!

Good Luck
    Joe
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have similar issues on my home network because it’s a /16 network where PC and radio are on the same subnet, causing routing issues. The radio shows up but won’t connect. I can prove this by connecting via a different subnet on the PC; eg, using my iPhone hotspot as WiFi path.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The subnet wont matter if he is using SmartLink to acess the remote radios.  As long as he has an Internet connection he is good.  On the HP machine can SmartLink find the radios ?  Or it wont connect after selecting a radio ?  Error messages ?  Did you try clicking the SmarLink test button and see if it turns green ?
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I try to hit login to smart link to enter credentials to access the radios and the smart link software just spins. I have connected to the local radio but no remote radios as I can’t get to login screens on smart sdr
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    No security software running and yes they are on same subnet. Have reinstalled software still no joy HP security appears to be off but I suspect somewhere in there is the issue
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    So you cant even enter credentials ?  Try unistall and reinstall SmartSDR software ?
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Correct. Can’t get to that location. You hit button and it just spins
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have reinstalled but still no luck
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    HP has several different security systems, including hardware ones on some Elite models. Might be worth digging in deeper? Other normal network choke points also worth checking, especially if the things like port forwarding had to be enabled. Sometimes there are suggestions setup configurations are IP based alone but the MAC address gets involved. Less likely a software or external problem than something trying to keep your new PC safe but throwing a block or a false-positive quietly? 73 Steve K9ZW Blog: http://K9ZW.wordpress.com
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I agree it’s something in the new pc security I am going to look more at how it was set up out of box and see if I. An find something hiding in software or user set up
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I am curious what you find as I struggled with this sort of issue with one of my PCs but never did find the exact setting to release the "hold."  Basically enough reboots and poking around until worked.

Steve
    K9ZW

• AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have seen some issues with IPv6 interfering with communications. You may wish to disable that service on your network card/interface.
    I have had good luck by ensuring that UPNP is allowed also on my home network. This will allow the PC to open the needed ports through your router.
    Last resort - Call HP! and tell them you will buy a DELL next time!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Mike, if you would like assistance through a TeamViewer session, email me at my call at arrl.net Dave wo2x
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Well its working so the problem is solved. I took a drastic step and solved the issue with a reset of the PC back to factory setting. Then a normal install of SmartSDR and all was fixed

I am sure it was a rights issue or a PC security issue that i could not find.

Thanks all for your ideas

Mike
    NN9DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.