Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

INRAD W1 Headset mic

K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
Anyone here familiar with the INRAD W1 headset and what is a good Flex MIC Profile to use to get started.  This from a 99.9% CW op of course :)

Regards,  Lar  k1UO

Answers

• George
    George Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hello Lar, I suggest you contact Scott, W4PA at Vibroplex.  He is the designer of the Inrad W1 headset.  He may know what MIC profile to use with a Flex.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Send an email to Scott at Vibroplex.  Will post any recommended settings here.
  • A41CK
    A41CK Member
    edited June 2020
    Any MIC Profile for Inrad W1 yet??
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I don't think that there is a "one size fits all" EQ setting for a mic. NM9P has a series of YouTube videos showing how to set your transmit equalizer for your voice. I set mine that way and have gotten all good audio reports since. I did not create the super punchy DX profile, but I may do that to have an obnoxious pile up buster for field day. : ) 73, Len, KD0RC
  • A41CK
    A41CK Member
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for replay.. I agree that setting TX EQ depends on individuals voice but can your share a hint of your settings to start from.
  • Did anyone ever get any starting point settings for this Mic? I just got one.

• Man, been a year since I checked for a profile for this mic. I would have thought there would be one by now. Still looking for a good starting place on this headset.

• Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭

I use the Inrad M650 setting, works fb with the W1 head set.

Rich - N5ZC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.