Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R with 6600 V3 and N1MM+

Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Im trying to setup a 6600M for SO2R CW with N1mm+ but but no succes. I did it easily 2 years ago with a 6700, but i cant do it this time with 6600M

I found this link, but doesnt work http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/so2r-mode-with-n1mm-for-the-flex-6700-how-to-guide-pdf/

Issue1: 
I select VFOA/ANT1/DAX1 and VFOB/ANT2/DAX2 with FDX and SO2R default selected but everytime i change band  both VFO goes to same band, i cant not keep different bands on each VFO.

Issue2: 
I try with multiflex using a Maestro for second position, i can have different band and second antenna but everytime i TX one radio mute the other one (FDX and SO2R default selected )

Issue3: 
I try to setup N1MM+, all works well but, OTRSP selected on logger and smartSDR CAT show "process:none".

Any pdf or video tutorial about the setup ?? 
Thanks in advance. 

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

Your issue 1 should not happen.  Something is wrong, sounds like they are both on the same ANT??  I would dive into this deeper.  double check your so2r settings.. cat ports..  make sure 2 instances of the logger are not pointed to the same cat port, or both cat ports are linked to the same antenna etc.  
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Issue 3 is a problem as well.
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited August 2019
    Many thanks for your answer Chris. 

Tomorrow i´ll come back to the station to try to fix these issues before WAE CW. 

I will write tomorrow again. TNX 73

• Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited August 2019
    Looks like ALMOST everything it is working on SO2R  (6600M V3.0.27 & N1MM+)

The problem it is on selected antennas. 

I can choose VFOA/TXANT1/RXANT1/DAX1
                          VFOB/TXANT2.............../DAX2

Each VFO has his own TXANT, but i can not have different RXANT on each VFO. 

If i select RXANT1 on VFOA and then i try to select RXANT2 for VFOB, both changes to RXANT2.

Profile SO2R default and FDX are selected. 

Any ideas how to solve this ???  

TNX in advance

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I need to research this.   My initial thoughts are this should work.  QRX.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Juan.  Same band or different bands?  Just curious.
  • NA0B
    NA0B Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Juan, can you post a picture of your SmartSDR Cat settings? 
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited August 2019
    Hi Chris ! It happends on different bands.Here you are a video.
    TNX

TNX 
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yuan

The 6600 has two SCU's, so you can align each to a separate receive antenna.  After looking at your video, you have both slices on the same (one) SCU, so when you change the receive antenna on one slice, it also changes on the other slice.

You need to open a second SCU by opening a second Panadapter.  On the 6600M front panel / Maestro. touch the little carrot on the bottom of the screen. That will open a second panadapter and move the B slice to it.  You can now have a different receive antenna selected for each slice.

Alan
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited August 2019
    Many thanks Alan and Chris. 
    Now all it is working ok. 
    Best regards. 

• Holger Hannemann
    Holger Hannemann Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Juan
    I started to commission my new 6600M today. Do you mind sharing the SO2R settings? Will have to go through the same process. 
    Thanks & 73 Holger, ZL3IO/ZM4T
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited August 2019
    Hello Holger ! 
    No problem, as soon i will go to the station (next week) i will copy and share set up with you. 

Best regards. 
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Holger, Willkommen im F6 Club :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.