Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Best Mac OSX / WSJT-X Configurations?

2»

Answers

• Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member
    edited December 2019
    I tried all of these suggestions but I still can't get WSJT-X to transmit audio to the Flex 6400M. I can get it to receive though. I am using DogParkSDR, DogPark MacLogger, Loopback, and WSJT-X. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've been changing settings all day and I get somewhere then I lose it.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Sounds like you are using v3. Can’t help much with that - I use v2.4.9 because I want to continue to use xDax / xCat. That said, I HAVE set up dpSDR / loopback / wsjt-x, and it does work fine - I just don’t have it set up right now, so cannot put together a presentation on how to set up configuration. Scott, did you carefully follow Don’s instructions in the dpSDR on-line manual for setting it all up? I tend to use a separate input and an output device for loopback (DaxIn / DaxOut), but Don only uses a single loopback audio device, and that seems to work fine for him. Set the dpSDR audio in/out and wsjt-x in/out to be that device. dpSDR needs to be set to Mac audio and Dax (and Dax TX) MUST be turned off.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Great to hear, Mario! Happy to test when you’re ready.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Try https://www.dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR_Help/Mac_WSJT-X_Setup.pdf  for a solution that works for 2.5 and 3.0, and even MacOS Catalina.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Great tutorial, George - it should really help out those who have moved up to v3.

One caution / caveat / fly in the ointment: in High Sierra (at least) there is a bug in kext installs (the sound pseudo-device drivers are kernel extension) that can prevent the “allow a new kernel extension to load” step to not be found. When High Sierra MacOS loads a new kernel extension, the “Security & Privacy” control panel may need to be visited to allow the load. The “Allow...” button in that control sometimes does not “see” the mouse click, and will not show you the list of extensions to be allowed. In order to get around this, you need to enable "Full Keyboard Access. > All controls” in “System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts”. After this, go to the “Security & Privacy” control, use “Tab” to get to the “Allow...” button and use “Space bar” to “click” it. You can then allow the load. You can also do this through keyboard action by turning on accessibility controls. See “https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en...” for an example. I know it’s a pain, but it happened to me (probably because I use “Magic Prefs”, a Magic Mouse extension).
  • Keith Mitchell
    Keith Mitchell Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have the following tools installed: 

Dogparksdr,  

WSJT-x,  

Macloggerdx,  

Loopback,  

JT-bridge,  

xDax,  

XCat,  

Looking for someone who has this combination working.  I actually have it working if I am letting  WSJT-x control the radio directly, but in the help pages, it indicates it is possible to connect Macloggerdx directly to DogsparkSDR and act as a bridge to allow WSJT-x to control the rig by turning on DSLab Tcp services.  I am not getting that to work.  I have attached a pdf showing the settings as I have them now.https://jmp.sh/udlAaLm

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.