Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MOX lights up when I talk

KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
MOX lights up when I talk and I hear myself in headsets and mic sticks in transmit and sometime mic keys with my voice with out keying the mic and sticks in transmit

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Sounds like RFI. New RF interference may be a corroded or loose ground connection in a coax connector.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mic goes in VOX if u tap it also and locks up transmit MOX lights only way I can stop it shut radio off Everything new tight and grounded I’m trying find transmit profiles found last night all I have this on screen They was a screen with lots small Boxes you could check for different things cannot find now Looking for VOX and Monitor settingimage
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I’m using FHM 2 mic when I tap the mic on desk radio goes Hot and transmits -or just talking it stays keyed locks in transmit
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    What version of software are you running? Looks like pre-3.0 Gene, K1GD
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I had all small boxes come Monday after I checked RCA TX1 to run my Ampifier I could not find it again image
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don’t own a computer or have internet. In Eskimo village but getting internet in week and need Find computer also
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thinking Mic defective to because plug will not remove from mic even when I press on release button When it goes in self transmit just buy putting on wood desk
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Also Pre loved 6400B hope I did not get someone junk Just got it Monday
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Moved ground around stopped once than sticking again and MOX lighting up
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I had many radio last was icom 7700 and still have Ten Tec Omni 7 If this RFI a known problem than this radio going back Flex Never had RFI problems in my life
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     I know this is a crazy question but, IS YOUR VOX ON?  I bet it's on...And Mox will light up if VOX is on.. Good luck.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Not a crazy question mic not in VOX when talking only When mic sticks goes VOX I cannot find profile now for VOX and other settings after I checked RCA 1 for amp I cannot find it the page with a lot boxes see VOX etc
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Just this transmit profiles what happen to other profile
    Box with all Sq boxes
    I need talk to member here on phone so I can work this out 907 545 1971 9am to 11 am AK please
    Dave Bottom RadioSport gave there people contact
    Sales@palomar-engineers.com
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My question is why when I tap mic head it goes into transmit
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Joe, when SSDR is open go to upper left hand corner to settings, Under settings is TX band settings
     Is that the box with the check list you are talking about??. I have a 6300, It may be different but check anyhow. But also, check and see if your hand mic switch is stuck or maybe you have a foot switch plugged in? and could be keying or Pehaps you have something plugged in your key line. that is not supposed to be?. if so check that. But since you cant find the menu that has VOX listed, I would say your radio is in VOX. All I can do is offer suggestions because I'm not there. But I must say, since you can't find the menu to access your Vox, I would bet It's probably in the ON position,
     One sure fire way to check is to unplug the mic from the radio. If its stops It's either your Vox is on or your mic is bad.......If you have a power supply or amp on your wood desk It could key VOX and put the radio it transmit. Just vibration will make it key. If you stop talking and the room is silent it should stop transmitting. There also could be a mic pin that is touching another pin in the mic plug, Just unplug the mic directly from the radio. See if your issue stops.  Good luck, again..
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hand mic not stuck Here screen I have VOX not on never turned on VOX image
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    TX Band settings. Is one that not coming up any more
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2019
    I now think you loaded an older version software. Restart radio and make sure you are using latest. When downgrading to 2.4.9 or lower it is recommended to factory reset radio after then load saved profile. The profile structures between 2.4.9 and older then new 2,.5.1 or 3.0.27 are different. It is in the release notes in download section. Dave wo2x
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    @Joe - with a FRS “preloved” unit I think they install the latest software. Perhaps I missed where you said what version you’re running on your 6400M? You can always open a help ticket, which will be more effective once you have connectivity. Hopefully the correct operation had been confirmed before you acquired the unit? If you’re not good in finding the Vox settings the controller has “TX Menu” under it. Press in on the center knob on the speed/power control on the far right and you should be there. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2019
    Steve I think Joe inadvertently downgraded his computer by mistake. It would explain missing TX Band Setting menu and possible corruption of persistence settings. I agree opening a Help Desk ticket should be the next step. Dave wo2x
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The screen he showed yesterday showed he was loading an earlier version of ssdr. Joe load the latest version and you will get back the band selection menu. You want the highest version either 2.5.x or 3.0.19. Gene, K1GD
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Per the OP "I don’t own a computer or have internet. "
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2019
    If it is a pre-loved 7400m which he stated it may have multiple versions already in the radio. Dave wo2x
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks, I guess I was confused by the terminology. I'm not a "M" user and I was thinking that SSDR was the software that ran only on a PC. I stand corrected.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Point your all missing I band selection boxes and checked of f 20/40/80 etc for using my amp That not coming up no more it’s gone I don’t have internet or computer Eskimo Village I could take 6400M work Internet Hard hard is it down load what computer can u use image
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    One other thing I never down loaded anything no internet last picture how radio came
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    @Joe - with a FRS “preloved” unit I think they install the latest software. Perhaps I missed where you said what version you’re running on your 6400M?

You can always open a help ticket, which will be more effective once you have connectivity.

Hopefully the correct operation had been confirmed before you acquired the unit?

If you’re not good in finding the Vox settings the controller has “TX Menu” under it. Press in on the center knob on the speed/power control on the far right and you should be there.

Steve

I’ll try this after doctors Sorry I have 6400m
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    David Decoons wo2x (Champion) profile picture David Decoons wo2x (Champion) commented on a reply to this question: MOX lights up when I talk Steve I think Joe inadvertently downgraded his computer by mistake. It would explain missing TX Band Setting menu and possible corruption of persistence settings. I agree opening a Help Desk ticket should be the next step. Dave wo2x No computer but I did try down load new update with green arrow on picture I posted of course it did not down load I thought it would because that how it came from flex with
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2019
    Any versions already loaded in the radio will not show the green or blue icons. If you just received that radio from Flex then you should have version 3.0.27 already loaded. That will have the TX Band Setting menu. Older versions have the TX1,2,3 set in the TX menu. As far as the radio hanging in TX, try loading 3.0.27 and see if that fixes things. Dave
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    @Joe - it shouldn't need to download to make the version change, as the M model has an ability to have internally downloaded more than none version of SmartSDR.  (You can only use one at a time though, and have to go through the Update/Downgrade sequence to change between them.)  

If a download is needed you will see a Blue download arrow into a tray emblem for that level of software. 

Steve
    K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.