Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Got to love the 6600 for WSJT-X

Gary NC3Z
Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
With the release of FT-4 in addition to FT-8 there has been a lot of choices for the 6M DX'er. FT-8 has 2 freqs, 50.313 and 50.323. Now FT-4 has it's own 6M freq of 50.318.

What is a 6M DX'er to do? Run all 3 freqs with 3 instances of WSJT-X and not miss a drop of Digital DX, and use the 4th RX for 6M SSB on the front of the 6600M so I have a knob!.

This is where my 6600M shines. What ever instance of WSJT-X I choose to TX on it is seamless with the 6600M.

I still much prefer my Apache 7000DLE for SSB but it does not do digital all that well.

Here is a screen shot of 2 of the WSJT-X instances, the 3rd is on the other monitor.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

What is it about the Apache you prefer on SSB? Does it have a built-in server for Internet remoting or do you need a VPN or remote desktop?

Jim, K6QE
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I do not run any of my rigs remotely, all local control. The Apache just has better TX audio and the recovered received audio and NR is hands down better. That is doing a direct comparison with both radios on the same RX antenna system and high quality speakers.

But for digital I have never been able to get it right with the way Thetis uses 3rd party virtual audio. Plus the 7000DLE only has 2 ADC's and only 1 RX per ADC.
  • Steve Bunting
    Steve Bunting Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ive never managed to get more than one instance of WSJT-X working. DO you have any hints or tips?

Thanks!
    Steve, M0BPQ
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I am not sure what all you have done based on the instructions in the manual. But to start you must make additional folders in (User)/AppData/Local   for each instance. But this will be done automatically when you make additional shortcuts using the    --rig    argument.

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    And in the WSJT-X docs http://www.physics.princeton.edu/puls...

I run 4 instances frequently and it works well. And with 4 instances of JTAlert.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.