Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Just received my new Flex 6400 and Maestro. Excellent so far but hand mic is labeled FHM-3. Same p

Options
Brian Denley  KB1VBF
Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Previous posts suggest the -3 is functional identical to the -2 but reflects current production. More a SKU type number update than anything else. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Not sure, but should not make any difference.  I would guess they use the same profile.  I used a Yaesu handmade and used the Flex profile.  It just uses the response profile, operationally the same.  I also used the Heil profile to start with for my Shure 55SH microphone and then changed as needed.

Gene, K1GD
  • Ted
    Ted Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Mine was the same way i tried the FMH-essb profile and the radio worked like a charm.
  • Ted
    Ted Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I meant to say FHM-2 ESSB Profile
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Here is the thread confirming FHM-3 is only a stock number change from FHM-2 microphones. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/what-profile-setting-do-i-use-for-a-microphone-that-is-not-listed-in-the-profile-settings-list 73 Steve K9ZW Blog: http://K9ZW.wordpress.com
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Probably just an issue of the people dealing with ordering the hardware, missed mentioning the model number change to the SSDR programmers. 
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I see FHM-2 and FHM-3 mic profiles in my list.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Not on mine. Wonder why I am using latest smartsdr.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Let me know which  one you want to use and I will give you the EQ Settings.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks Larry!
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I can give you the EQ settings if you let me know which you want to use.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Actually I just compared the EQ settings for FHM-2 and its the same as the FHM-3.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Then I am all set. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.